Reboot after Kext loading

Testo

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I´m trying to install Mountain Lion GM on my PC but it restards after loading the Kext files.

My PC:

ECS G31T-M7 V1.0

Core2Quad q8200

4GB Ram (2x á 2GB)

ATI Radeon 6950 1GB

2x 500GB Sata HDD (on drive C: is Windows 7 and on drive D: is iAtkos L2 and the Windows Bootloader)

same thing here. i just can´t figure out what the cause is, as it instantly reboots after loading the kexts. is there a way to log the output during boot? any other ideas?

hardware config details in my signature.

My situation is sorted out now, I updated my SVN repository for Chameleon and installed from the dev trunk, and then removed the ATI6000Controller from the installer USB flash drive I was using.

Booting with GraphicsEnabler=No after that worked enough to get me into the installer, and then installation went smoothly.

The newfangled ATI/AMD kexts have some changes -- the kexts on the ML install image will not work if you have a non-reference 6870 or probably any other card in that family. I had to create a custom personality for my Sapphire 6870 in Lion, and I will likely have to do that in ML as well. In the mean time I am using the ATISupport and ATI6000Controller and ATIFramebuffer kexts I used in Lion and it's working great with full acceleration now.

Obviously this isn't ideal, but until I get around to creating a new personality in the ML kexts that's what I need to do. (The methods for creating those needs to be changed a bit too since the binary inside the bundle is not called ATI* anymore, but AMD*, so the ati-personality.pl script needs to be updated)