[Solved]GA-G41M-ES2L MLion kernel panic post install -Help

10 posts in this topic

Greetings all--

Tried yesterday to do a clean vanilla install of MLion on my gigabyte G-41M-ES2L w/ GeForce 8400GS (which had previously run a vanilla Lion 10.7.4 with no problems with a custom DSDT and only fakesmc in the extensions folder)

Bought a new SSD, and I successfully ran the 10.8 installer without problems. Got a kernel panic immediately on reboot. Booted into safemode and created my user account. Booted my other drive to 10.7 and ran Chameleon 2035, also used my working DSDT from lion..... smbios.plist, fakesmc.kext. I also went with NullCPUPowerManagement just in case.

I tried to boot after this but run into a kernal panic. I am able to boot in safemode -x

I've tried

–npci=0x2000 and

PCIRootUID=0 to no avail.

Attached are two photos of the -v boot:

from the -v output its not immediately clear to me what my next move should be.

This is my fifth osx86 build... Any help the community can offer would be much appreciated!

post-135479-0-15310300-1343313493_thumb.jpg

post-135479-0-77956900-1343313504_thumb.jpg

Check to boot without AppleHDA.kext-delete him

I've had the same problem with my 8800GT. My solutions was: just put the "NVDANV50Hal.kext" back from DP4.

Make a backup first.

Here it is: NVDANV50Hal_DP4.kext.zip

You can use the same activation method which you used for Lion eg. GraphicsEnabler, NVinject etc.

Hope it works for you too :)

• Like 1

Yup, your not kernel panicing at all, looks like graphics just not loading while rest of machine continues to boot which is why safe mode is working.

Thanks René that did the trick. Greetings and appreciation from New Jersey! Im now fully operational... time to check out airplay screen sharing.

That was fast LOL :)

It took me 3 days to find out how to solve this.

Have fun with your Hack :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...