Asus UL30VT OSX install Help

jake1111

1 post in this topic

Ok so this is my first post so bear with me. I Have an Asus UL30VT-X1 and I have tried many things to get OSX Lion working, I even tried getting everything to work on 10.6.3, 10.6.6 and 10.6.8 with no luck. I read that I cannot have the Intel Link 1000 wifi card because it will not work, so can somebody give me a link to a half sized wifi card? (same size as in the Asus). I was also having awful luck getting graphics to work, I tried installing OSX after I switched a setting in the Bios to compatible, in which someone said they had luck with, but I keep getting kernel panics when trying to load the install screen, and I have tried many different kexts and "injector tools". I am also wondering if sleep works on this machine and if QE/CI works. Could somebody post a link or instructions on how to get native resolution, wifi, QE/CI, and sleep all working. One last thing, I do realize that OSX Mountain Lion (10.8) just came out yesterday but is therea possibility of having that on this machine, I ask this because the new MacBook Pros with Retina Display have 2 graphics chips, that I would assume to be for switchable graphics just like this laptop has? If I can only get to Lion and have everything work that would be great, if I cant I will sell this laptop in order for a more OSX friendly laptop. Thank you.