[Working install] EP-45 DS3R Q6600 9800GT 512mb

11 posts in this topic

Any idea how to do that after Kakewalk has installed Chameleon? I've never noticed any options when using the Kakewalk method.

Perhaps I could install Chameleon again with that option, it's time I got my head round doing a "manual" install but Kakewalk works very well and quickly on my setup.

Mike

Powermanagement can be enabled via the boot.plist that Cham uses. It's in /Extra folder where Cham is installed. I assume Kakewalk has a somewhat recent Cham installer.

Simply add:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

To org.cham.Boot.plist.

Ok , adding those lines are within my capabilities but one thing I've never had to do is uninstall a kext. Do I just delete it and then run something like kext helper to rebuild the mkext file? or do I need to (shudder) use the command line.

Mike

Powermanagement can be enabled via the boot.plist that Cham uses. It's in /Extra folder where Cham is installed. I assume Kakewalk has a somewhat recent Cham installer.

Simply add:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

To org.cham.Boot.plist.

That wouldn't work for me :( I deleted sleep and OHR kexts then ran kext wizard added those lines rebooted and neither sleep nor restart/shutdown worked. Installed the kexts, deleted those lines and it's working again.

I think I will leave it as it is for now.

Mike

Are you using nullcpupowermanagement.kext? I believe you have to in order to have it working with SleepEnabler.kext. That could be interfering with the powermanagement trying to be enabled via Cham's enable p/c states. Nullcpupowermanagement is pretty common among simple builds, it's why SleepEnabler is required for those setups. Enabling c/p states is beneficial so you're cpu can downclock when it's not really doing anything, using less power.

As for the Restart/Shutdown, that's definitely been fixed in Chameleon long ago, dunno if there'd be something system specific. Maybe even dsdt related, are you using one? Your board is similar to mine, and I remember my dsdt working with a wide range of Gigabyte P45 boards, I can always give you my dsdt and /extra files.

It will be. The CPU won't downclock, so it'll use a tad more power, with the computer running a tad warmer otherwise. Just remember you remove SleepEnabler kext before updates, as point updates have always so far needed an updated SleepEnabler kext, otherwise it KP's.

• Like 1