iAtkos S3 V2 Installation Success | First Boot Problem

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Quick overview:

I used to have iAtkos s3 v2 installed on my PC, 64 bit and running 10.6.7 no problem, I formated that hard drive by accident and now wanting to reinstall.

I went to reinstall and the installation was success, But on the first boot it gets "Still Waiting for Root Device" BUT... If I boot with Nawcom Modcd it boots just fine, But it's not got my graphics resolution and really laggy. I don't see why as nothing has changed?

I have also tried Hazard 10.6.6i and I get "Still Waiting for Root Device" on startup installation.

What's gone wrong?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300

Asus P5K

wtg0w.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just asking how to update in general.. I've tried about 7 times, with different methods. Every time I update I either get kernel panics or stuck at the apple screen with the spinning wheel. My specs are in my sig. along with the current version I have. Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance. :)

First, remove NVenabler as that could cause panics. As for the "Still waiting for root device", I suggest reinstalling chameleon when that happens. Use chameleon wizard to do it and make sure you set the active partition to see your OSX installation.

When you want to update to 10.6.x, download the update combo for the version you want to update to and boot verbose. If you get a kernel panic, take a picture or note of it. Specifically, when it panics, you want to look for "backtrace" and a list of kexts that screw up the boot. If there is none, take a picture of the whole thing. Let us know what you find.

Also, I was just wondering. Do you have another computer successfully running mac already? That could prove invaluable and save you a lot of time.

I'm just asking how to update in general.. I've tried about 7 times, with different methods. Every time I update I either get kernel panics or stuck at the apple screen with the spinning wheel. My specs are in my sig. along with the current version I have. Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance. :)

Make a new thread of your own and post what you have already tried. Send me a PM linking to the post ;)

• Like 1