Microphone not working and no Battery Indicator

14 posts in this topic

So I wanted to give this Dictation a try, but I found out my microphone is not working.

Im using VoodooHDA.kext so I have audio working (Speaker ATAPI) but my microphone is not working I guess (Microphone ATAPI)

I tried to record audio with quicktime and there is no sound recorded. I try to use dictation but when I press the button 2 times, the dictation starts and finish itself, not giving me a chance to speak.

Also, there is another problem that is not really a problem, but its very annoying. I dont have a battery indicator in the top bar. When I try to enable it, it disables itself, so I cannot know how much is my battery charged. I tried to add VoodooBattery on my S/L/E and on my E/E but no luck.

Thanks (:

Read here, here, and here (in that order) for complete instructions on patching VoodooHDA.

As for battery, VoodooBattery AFAIK is the only battery indicator next available. Did you make sure to update the kext caches after installing the kext? Were the permissions correct? (for /S/L/E)

• Like 1

@nyolc8 I have already done that, nothing happens, there shows me a Microphone (ATAPI) but its already selected, when I double click on it nothing happens.

@PookyMacMan I didnt understand what you said. I presume AFAIK stand for As far as I know. What do you mean by Update kext caches after installing the kext. About the permissions, I don't understand about it, I just always repair permissions with CCleaner and Kext Utility.

Thanks for helping (:

If you look in the FAQ, you will find info on kext installation and kext caches.

I'm assuming you understood the VoodooHDA patching links?

• Like 1

Im still reading it carefully. I might be slow on doing that, I found it interesting since it covers the HDMI output too which I dont have.

About the battery, what should I do to get the Battery Indicator working (question)

Update: I got the battery indicator working by installing the ACPIPlataform.kext that comes with it. The problem is that this ACPIPlatform is needed to show the battery, and the original ACPIPlatform.kext that comes with Mountain Lion was used to get Sleep (or pause) working.

When I exchange ACPIPlatform one with another, I have a X on the indicator saying that there is no battery connected.

So, I kinda need to join the ability of Sleep of one with the ability of Battery Indicator of another.

About the Audio, can I use AppleHDA or these ALCs instead of VoodooHDA (question) it may work I guess. I just dont know how to find which ALC is on my notebook.

Just to note, and it may help, when I installed VoodooHDA version 0.2.61 my microphone kinda worked, I could even see activity on the sound prefpane, but the audio was horrible, crackled, couldn't hear a thing clean.

Okay so I found out my microphone is working, I say a VoodooHDA prefpane so I was playing with it until I get an almost clean audio, it is still kinda crackle.

The problem now is really the dictation app, when I press the button 2 times, it starts and finish itself, giving me no chance to talk.

May be related to my App Store and FaceTime login error.

It IS related to appstore and facetime and icloud etc errors. You need to fix those, and dictation will work too.

If I know it right, these apple services using your ethernet MAC (not Mac) address or something like that.

So I think you need to make your ethernet chip recognized to get these services work. (I read in another topic that your ethernet is not working for you.)

If your WiFi is en0 (check in the Network pane of Sys Prefs), you can enable the EthernetBuiltIn flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist. Use Chameleon Wizard to do that, unless you're comfortable hand-editing the plist file. EthernetBuiltIn is what normally fixes the App Store login issue, but I can't guarantee that it will work for you since your Ethernet is not working. But, if your default internet interface (which I'm assuming is WiFi) is en0, you might have a shot.

Setting your USB adapter to en0 is the only shot. There is a file NetworkInterfaces.plist that you change that in, I just can't remember where it is...Spotlight won't find it, you can use Find Any File (freeware) or once I have more time I can tell you where it is.