Mountain Lion on ULV SU 4100 and GMA 4500?

6 posts in this topic

My gigabyte q1105m netbook is running Lion 10.7.3 with no issues, except no qe/cl. Can I install Mountain Lion on it? It has a pentium ulv su 4100 processor, that reports as core 2 duo, and a GMA 4500 that shows up as a Gmax 3100 in Lion. I have tried the myHack USB install using many boot flags but it just reboots after initial kexts load.

well, I got it up and running. Everything works, except for no qe/cl and no audio. It was a bios setting that I had disabled that was the problem. Screen resolution isn't great but works. Now I have to get audio working. I am wondering if I have to wait for an updated ######, or can just install the kext manually? If i remember right, it was some sort of rollback I used on Lion?

Audio is working now and no problems with FaceTime, iCloud, App Store, Messages, and webcam is working too. Too bad no one wants to support this old video card, as it's in many laptops out there. I found one kext that enables better resolution, but still no qe/ci.

Audio is working now and no problems with FaceTime, iCloud, App Store, Messages, and webcam is working too. Too bad no one wants to support this old video card, as it's in many laptops out there. I found one kext that enables better resolution, but still no qe/ci.

Can you tell me the kext for the better res?