Kalyway 10.5.2 install and works great but no internet.

neotigZ

6 posts in this topic

Hey Every body! So i installed kalyway 10.5.2 on a hp slimline s7600n. It installed fine but for some reason i cant get the internet to work. It shows a green light by ethernet and yellow by network and red for everything else. Im also not able to connect to the modem/router which is a motorola NVG510.

The motherboard is a asustek Pyrite-GL8E. I think the ethernet is Realtek RTL8201CL.

Im also having problems with the video. It can only do 1024x768 Its not a big deal yet but i want to be able to play minecraft soon. Its a GeForce 6150 LE 256mb 64-bit

Ram is 1 gig and the cpu is a amd athlon 64 dual core 2ghz

I feel like i may be missing some info. Any help would be great. Thanks :).

I feel like i may be missing some info.

Nah, you just have crappy hardware.

Its a GeForce 6150

According to Krazubu the 6150 is not supported by the OS X nvidia drivers:

http://www.projectos...php?showtopic=4

You can never have hardware accelerated graphics and so you will not be able to run Minecraft.

Look here for drivers for your ethernet device:

http://www.insanelym...p?showforum=152

Are you sure it's Realtek and not nforce? From a quick google your mobo has the nvidia MCP51 chipset.

• Like 1

Falls to my knees and screams NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ok well what about the internet??

Its a little desk top and yeah i think your right. I think its nforce. I had to look up the specs for it and i saw nvidia mcp51 but saw the other on something else and ive had to much coffee today so im LITTLE NUTS! lol Yeah is crappy hardware but a friend of mine had to be taught a lesson. He didnt think i could put osx on anything except macs also i had to show him that win 7 will run on an old computer with a single core cpu and 512mb of ram.

Oh well heres the thing. I am using the nforce.kext and the ethernet is working its just not wanting to connect to the internet. Sorry for the confusion about the realtek stuff.

There are a couple different drivers available for nforce ethernet, try them all. I can't be specific, I've never installed OS X on anything with an nforce chipset.

Use the forum search or Google to find user "verdant"'s nforce guides, if a driver exists it'll be mentioned in one of his guides.

• Like 1

So this thing has a wireless built on to the board but i cant figure out what name to look up for it. It probably wouldnt work anyway but id like to give it a shot anyway. Also i foud a admtek nc100 ethernet card to try out. Whatcha think.