QE/CI Confusion

10 posts in this topic

imagine my surprise seeing those two quizzes after logging in for the first time in ~2 years :P

anyway, i am a little confused in regards to qe/ci support by vmware and was wondering if anyone could clear some things up for me...

i had some free time on my hands yesterday and converted my snow leopard installation (running on apple hardware) to a VM. after installing the SVGAII drivers, i had full qe/ci support? does this mean that vmware allows qe/ci support on apple hardware under mac os, but not with vmware workstation in a windows environment?

apologies if this has been answered before, but i couldn't seem to find anything.

thanks in advance :)

That does not mean QE/CI is working. There have been many discussions about it here, and I asked VMware. Still apps not working such as iWork an other professional grade applications.

• 3 years later...

I know this discussion is a little old and I have read in multiple places that VMWare doesn't support QE / CI, but I just wanted to check if the new addition of OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10 to Workstation Pro 12 provides any avenue or hope for QE / CI either by VMWare or third parties?

I know this discussion is a little old and I have read in multiple places that VMWare doesn't support QE / CI, but I just wanted to check if the new addition of OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10 to Workstation Pro 12 provides any avenue or hope for QE / CI either by VMWare or third parties?

You would have to ask VMware as they would need to write the driver. Zenith432, who wrote a video driver for Fusion, said it was several man years worth of work for someone to do. 

• Like 1

You would have to ask VMware as they would need to write the driver. Zenith432, who wrote a video driver for Fusion, said it was several man years worth of work for someone to do. 

Donk, thanks for your response.

I understand that Quartz is built on OpenGL, so I am wondering if such a driver would have to be GPU specific, or would sit on top of OpenGL?

• Like 1