InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
johnlocke2342

Stuck at Apple logo if booting from HD.

Hi.

I got ML DP4 up and running on my hackintosh. It runs really fine and doesn't feel like a beta. I have one little problem though. If I'm booting from the hard drive, the boot process hangs, but works just fine if I boot from my USB install drive. I tried the latest Chameleon, the one installed by MyHack (which is the same as the one installed on my USB drive), Chimera... Nothing works.

If anyone can help, my setup is in my signature. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Hello. I had the same problem and fixed it by:

1 install chameleon and choose a theme so that an Extra folder will be created.

2 copied the smbios.plist from a working Lion installation into the Extra folder.

3 placed FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, JMicronATA.kext, and ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

4 rebooted with -f.

Hope this helps.

Ummm, why aren't you booting verbose by using using -v to see why it's hanging up? Should always use verbose boot until you have 100% stable release after numerous shut downs and restarts.

Hi Johnlocke2342. Try this chameleon :h**p://www.osx86.net/view/2848-chameleon_r2000_-_mountain_lion_%5Bupdated_...html.It is working fine for me. Use the one at the top of the list (the newest one). Let me know if you are successful. Also be sure you have the correct kexts for your hard disk installed.

Look into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB drive, see what options you might want to include on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your hard drive.

Hi, all. I tried many stuff, and numerous builds of Chameleon, didn't work. Yesterday, I updated to the GM of ML, now everything works fine.

Thanks everyone!