Mobility Radeon & USB Support in 10.4.6

rave

6 posts in this topic

Hey. I just installed JaS's 10.4.6 with the following patches:

AMD Base

SSE2

Some decryted file (either Zenja or that other one which isn't included in the Base)

Mobility Radeon

Wireless

Via ATA

On this laptop:

AMD Athlon 64, 1800 MHz 3000+

MiTAC

VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800, AMD Hammer

1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 (M10/M11)

C-Media CMI9739(A) @ VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - 0571

FUJITSU MHU2100AT (100 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

SONY DVD RW DW-D56A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:4x/4x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/10x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

VIA VT6307 Fire IIM IEEE1394 Host Controller (PHY: VIA VT6307)

VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller

VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller

USB Device Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

And the graphics are still laggy and the USB ports are totally dead. How many times do i have to try different installations for this to work...? I don't understand these "kext"-files which people are talking about, so a guidance would be greatly apprecciated if i somehow could fix this with those!

Wow =0. I thought a day should be enough for SOMEONE to care about this. I've been searching alot for threads who maybe could answer my questions but i just can't find any! Come on? Imagine how annoying this is to me! It seems like veryone else can run things fine while i can't! I just want to know at least WHY the patch for Mobility Radeon doesn't work, for example!

Please guys, i'm honestly really interested in this OS and would like to test it little more to maybe buy a Mac soon!

Have you seen this thread?

kext files are Kernel Extensions. They basically tell the OS how to communicate with the hardware. They work flawlessly on real Macs, but since we're on fake ones, there are differences in what hardware is expected, so sometimes they have to be reinstalled to work.

I'm not perfectly clear on the installation procedure, as I built my computer to be as close to a real Mac as possible. But after installing you need to fix the permissions of the files to make sure the OS sees them as if they were there originally, and this is done through commands in OS X's terminal. The exact commands should be available somewhere on this site, some creative searching should bring up the exact commands to use.

• 1 year later...