Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

How to install Mac OSX on HP Pavilion dv7-6b40ew

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I tried to install Mac osx lion 10.7 on my laptop HP Pavilion dv7-6b40ew

Which its specs are:

Processor Intel ® Core ™ i7 2.2 GHz 2gen 2670QM

CACHE Cache 6 MB

Screen 17.3'' WXGA + 1600 x 900 (16:9)

Type of matrix illuminated, LED backlight

RAM 8 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz

Hard Drive 750 GB, SATA

Graphics card Radeon HD6770M Video Memory 2048 MB

Mainboard: insyde

I used rboot cd and original Lion 10.7 to install it from usb drive but I had an error called (panic).

Is there here any guide or tutorial to install Mac osx on my laptop?

Thank you,

Start with a 10.6.3 retail disk and Nawcoms ModCD/ModUSB. You will need to use the legacy kernel until you update to 10.6.8 as prior to this there is no SandyBridge support.

There are so many tutorials but you really don't need one.

Download Nawcoms ModCD/ModUSB and either burn to disk or restore to a USB drive using disk utility from OS X (use a friends MAC/Hack)

Boot from the ModCD/USB

Press F8 to interrupt the boot process

Insert a 10.6.3 Snow Leopard retail disk

Press F5 to refresh the visable drives

Select the install DVD

Type -v

Press enter

If you get a kernel panic, take a photo and post it up.

i have been following this procedure and installing Snow 10.6.3 original retail version from Apple and everything went fine but ... when it restated it want boot. The laptop says no bootable disk found :( Before gooing through this procedure i formated and partitioned the drive via diskutility on my iMac

but now laptop don't want to boot this installation ? i guess it is problem with booting the disk not the installation itself !??!# can i repair this or do i need to go all over again, if so how to properly prepare the hard disk (no partition entire hdd for this system and it is SSD)

the laptop is HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx

Please help to make this Snow work on it

thank you in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By End3rPwr50
      Hi, I wanted to install macOs 10.13 on my notebook.
      Here are the technical specifications:
      -Intel i7 6500U 2.50GHz Skylake (CPU)
      -12GB ram dd4 (RAM)
      -hp 81EC (MOTHERBOARD) with BIOS insyde F09
      -Intel HD Graphics 520 - AMD Radeon R7 M440 (Graphics cards)
      -Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Ethernet)
      -Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter (Wifi and Bluetooth)
      -Realtek High Definition Audio - Audio Intel® per schermi(HDMI)
      Thanks in advance

• By hopoc
      Hi Guys,
      I’m stuck with 3mb VRAM, and can’t get my screen resolution! I’ve tried to reinstall 18 times with different configurations but I can’t seem to get it right! PLEEEEASE HELP I really don’t know what to do now. I've tried Enoch but still no success!
      System Model: HP EliteBook 8570p Processor: i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores GPU:  AMD Radeon HD 7570M RAM: 12GB​

• By sergymac
      Ciao a  tutti sono nuovo di questo forum o meglio seguo con piacere e già ho alle spalle diversi progetti hackintosh ma la prima volta che mi cimento con i portatili.
      Il laptop in questione è il Pavilion 15-cb028nl e per tutti quelli che intendono acquistarlo posso dire che è abbastanza hackintosh compatible!
      Ho installato Sierra tramite immagine per laptop presa da un sito turco e dopo varie ricerche sono riuscito a far funzionare le seguenti cose:
      Audio e mic
      CPU e mobo sensors
      Video ma riconosce solo la scheda intel non la GTX1050
      Touchpad con multi gestures
      Stop e reboot 
      Adesso viene la parte complicata, vorrei effettuare la patch del DSDT per avere anche la batteria, la luminosità dello schermo de ottimizzare un po' meglio il sistema.
      Ma purtroppo è la prima volta che mi imbatto nel patchare il dsdt e qui mi fermo perchè anche seguendo le guide sia in italiano che in inglese non riesco a risolvere gli errori nella compilazione.
      Sono riuscito ad estrarre e decompilare con iasl il file originale creato da clover (F4).
      Qualcuno molto più pratico, gentile e disponibile potrebbe risolvere gli errori del dsdt, ve ne sarei grato!!!
      Per chi avesse il mio stesso portatile allego la cartella clover con tutti i kexts e il lavoro fatto fino ad ora. 
      Grazie mille!!
    • By gygabyte666
      LAST UPDATED: [11/22/2017]
      Recent Changes:
      -added artur_pt to Thanks list for being the first person to try to help me 4 years ago.
      -FINALLY removed the [WIP] in title. I think it's safe now, haha
      -HUGE post cleanup! should be (hopefully) easier to navigate
      -added new section for 10.13 High Sierra
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.13 files
      -removed old link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated link to Andrw0380's updated 10.12.4 files
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.13.x
      -removed images as they weren't loading anymore anyway
      Previous Changes:
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated 10.12 about image, not a clone of 10.11 about image anymore
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.12.x
      -slight post cleanup
      DISCLAIMER: I can be in no way held responsible for any damage to your computer as a result of the information or files provided on this page. I can't be held responsible for the faults and errors of those who follow (or choose not to follow) my advise or instructions. You are on your own if you proceed. This was created with the assumption that anyone following it would be using the SAME machine model and hardware setup as mine, a HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad. Using any other model or hardware configuration may work but is completely unsupported! This was never intended to be used as an installation guide and shouldn't be referenced as one. It is merely a place to list my testing results. Consider this your one and ONLY warning. Continue at your OWN RISK...
      NOTICE: I will always be very proud of the work that was put into the making of these files not just by me but through the amazingly generous and wonderful people in this community. During my absence, that same community even took over and provided others with the assistance to keep up-to-date with the newer flavors of OS X. All of that hard work, time and effort will remain here on the first page for as long as possible for both reference and historical purposes. For reference, I supported and maintained packages for 10.8.x Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks and 10.10.x Yosemite (briefly).
      Andrw0380 has generously been providing more updated support packages for this thread for quite some time now. If you are to use any of the files listed below, I would recommend his as they are typically more recent and better tested. Be sure to check over his posts for further details and usage instructions and don't forget to say THANKS for his time and effort.
      The good news is it has recently been brought to my attention that RehabMan has been hard at work and has created a much better, more reliable method for both current and possibly future OS X installs. His new method, named the "hotpatch" method is far superior to our old ones and should rightfully take its place. I leave you with a direct link to his detailed and extensive guide to assist both current and future users with their adventures in OS X. Should you find success using his method, please remember to say THANKS for his work and to possibly add to his growing repository to hopefully assist future users in their own success stories.

RehabMan "hotpatch" guide
      10.13.x (macOS High Sierra) ENVY Files:
      Files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE
      Be sure to say THANKS for all the hard work!
      10.12.x (macOS Sierra) ENVY Files:

10.11.x (El Capitan) ENVY Files:

10.10.x (Yosemite) ENVY Files:

[LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.9.5 (Mavericks) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update
      [LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update

[LAST UPDATED: [08/28/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror
      [in no particular order]
      - CharlieSheen
      - bcc9
      - RehabMan
      - mnfesq
      - toleda
      - Mieze
      - Micky1979
      - artur_pt
      - TimeWalker75a
      - Slice
      - Andrw0380
      - jerrywilborn
      - Cobra03
      - hotKoffy
      - mnorthern
      - PikeRAlpha
      - nrjmadan
      REMINDER: An unbelievable amount of hard work, dedication and enormous amounts of time have gone into the making, testing and maintaining of the content for this post, this thread and the entire forum as a whole. Please do try to remember that SOMEONE has to make all this happen. Be sure to THANK those who deserve it. A little appreciation goes a long way.
      CONCLUSION: Lastly, I am rarely active anymore and would just like to say thank you to all those who stepped up and not only took my place during my absence but also improved upon what I started so many years ago now. I truly can't believe how long this thread has survived and it is awe-inspiring to see how much further it has moved along since I last visited it. You are all just amazing and wonderful people for doing what you do. You all know who you are. Keep doing what you do and thank you again for everything that you've already done and for everything that you will hopefully continue to do in the future.

• By grisno
      Hi people,
      This is a preliminary MacOS driver installer for laptop HP Pavilion 15-D002SS with support for dual boot Bootloader. Maybe it can be installed on other HP Pavillion 15 series laptops, but in some cases additional fixes will have to be made.
      I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.
      I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!
      CPU : OK Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHzAUDIO : OK Realtek ALC282 (10ec:0282) Layer 1 & 3 (Speakers+Hearphones+MicInt[w/NoiseFilter]+HDMI)VIDEO : OK Intel HD Graphics 4000 (8086:0166) (LVDS + HDMI A/V)MEMORY : OK Intel Corp. 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (8086:0154) (Dual Channel DDR3 Up To 16GB)SATA : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (8086:1e03)DVD : OK HP DVDRAM GU90N (Read & Write)USB 2.0 : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (8086:1e26)USB 2.0 : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (8086:1e2d)USB 3.0 : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (08086:1e31)WEBCAM : OK HP TrueVision HD USB 2.0 UVCKEYBOARD : OK PS/2TRACKPAD : OK PS/2 SynapticsLAN : OK Realtek RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (10ec:8136) AIRPORT : OK Atheros QCWB335 (AR9565) PCI Express (168c:0036) (10.10.0+) **BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 USB 2.0 (0cf3:3121) (10.11.x+) ***CREADER : OK Realtek RTS5229 PCI Express (10ec:5229) (10.12.5+) ****ACPI BAT : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI PWR : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI RST : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI SLP : OK (Chameleon & Clover) *ACPI WAK : OK (Chameleon & Clover) *ACPI FAN : KO (Chameleon & Clover) *HIBERNATE : OK (Only Clover Bootloader w/Hibernatemode: 0, 21 & 29) *****IMESSAGE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)FACETIME : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ICLOUD : OK (Chameleon & Clover)APPSTORE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ITUNES : OK (A/V DRM Content & Sync iPod/iPhone)SIRI : OKCMOS : OKRTC : OKLPC : OK Intel Corp. HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller (8086:1e59)SMBUS : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (8086:1e22)IMEI : OK Intel Corp. 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller (8086:1e3a)GPT PART. : OK Chameleon & Clover) (10.13+ APFS Not Tested)MBR PART. : Not Tested
      Known Issues:
      - Can't wake up the system when the laptop uses the battery and the system disk is a USB hard drive *
      - Can't wake up the system from PS/2 Keyboard/Trackpad *
      - Partial support with a maximum speed of 10Mbits (10.11.0+) **
      - Don't support the poweroff/on by software (10.10.0+) ***
      - WID driver with incomplete powermanager support (10.12.5+) ****
      - Stop working after wakeup from sleep with inserted SDCard (10.12.5+) ****
      - Don't work properly hibernatemode 21 & 29 (10.12.0+) *****
      Coming Soon:
      - Support ACPI FAN RPM
      - Create unified installer for all Mac OS versions