Dell Vostro 1000 Hackintosh (Help needed =)

farfeduc

32 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of this forum and I come to have some help...

Here are the specs of the Vostro 1000 :

CPU : AMD TurionTM  64 X2 Dual Core Processor TL-60 (2.0GHz,1MB Cache)
RAM : 2 GB
GPU : Integrated ATI Radeon®  Xpress 1150 HyperMemoryTM (shared memory)
Audio : Sigmatel STAC9200
HDD : 120 Gb 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
Network : Broadcom 440x
Wifi : Broadcom Wireless Card

I have successfully installed Mac OSX 10.5.7 with iDeneb.

My kernel is AnV and audio/video/wifi/trackpad/keyboard are all working fine.

(I haven't tested yet the SD card reader).

If someone has an idea how to make the fan and input mic line work tell me :P

My question is this one :

Is there a release of iDeneb/Kalyway/iAktos or anything else that would match my specs and let me have Mac OSX 10.5.8 or 10.6 (or 10.7 if possible but I don't think so) ?

(If those release are much more RAM eating tell me asap, I don't know anything in hackintosh and now my laptop is working without lags.)

Thanks.

I Just installed Hazard Snow Leopard 10.6.6i but I had some issues with audio...

All is working fine now (input line too).

Just the fans aren't working...

It's all for the hardware.

For the software I have an issue : it's always in english !(I'm a french guy) even if I ticked only french in languages... <-- Solved

Also when I don't move my mouse, I have lags (sound and video lags). Where is this coming from?

Thanks

I get some ACPI error at the boot... To boot I need to pass through OSX86 ModCD and boot on the system (but it is very long).

How do I fix that too? (I know I'm annoying :P )

Insanelymac is not the place for distros.

If you want support from here you are better off using a retail install method such as the ModCD/ModUSB and Snow Lopard 10.6.3 method.

Your lag when not moving the mouse will probably be to do with P-States, your SSDT may need editing to bring the second p-state threshold down a bit, or disable the first P-State. Up to you.

I believe an AMD kernel has been released for Lion but I don't know how complete it is as I use Intel only.

• Like 2

On dell laptop fans, rebooting from the OS instead of a cold boot will often get them working normally(until the next cold boot). Should be a DSDT fix for it too, but can't help on that. There is no distro that is "compatible" where another is not. Question would only be is OSX compatible with your hardware or not. Disastro might come with some kexts that you need for your hardware, but everyone of them are available elsewhere and would be as good or better. It's like equivalent of using the cd that came with your motherboard to install older drivers and not going to the manufacturer website and getting the recent ones. Just gotta be willing to take a little time to look.

The reboot fan fix may not work with AMD, but easy to try. That's a double whammy, installing OSX on AMD and Dell where either by themselves have challenges, you did well to get to the point your at.

Even if Fans and lags are still unsolved, I need help for my boot

Here you can get my last kernel boot : http://www.mediafire.com/?hn8w1bys6e74c2a

Lot of those errors are apparently from AppleIOUSBFamily but I don't know how to solve it !

(Lags don't come from P-States and C-States because I've tested to boot without them and it didn't change a bit...)

I thought I already written it in my boot.plist so I put it in the prompt but I've got the same error...

I've already enabled EHCI Fix and UHCI Fix too.

Without them I have to boot with OSX86 ModCD

I have an Idea but I don't know how to do it....

You see my GPU is integrated on the motherboard, I can't get a BIOS rom.

But it's functionning on shared memory... Is it possible to increase the value of the shared memory with overriding the Bios with smbios.plist?

(If I'm wrong tell me as soon as possible)

Because in the computer BIOS, I don't have an option to increase this value.

If the GPU has more memory could it solve the lag problem?

Also when I boot with OSX86 ModCD my mouse (with the trackpad) moves faster than with Chameleon and my boot flags :

-v cpus=2 maxmem=2048 (because I have 2GB of ram) EnablePStates=No EnableCStates=No

I'll try it now and I'll tell you if there is any change :)

Well it didn't boot at all with chameleon, I needed to boot with osx86 ModCD...

It was a quick restart the last thing I saw was something like "EHCI"...

If you want to see it yourself I can install something like Teamviewer or something else, may be it would be faster for you to see the problem.

Is there a log for chameleon boot?

Yes, you can check bdmesg (use Chameleon Wizard); that is the Chameleon boot message.

What version of Snow Leopard? Distro or retail?

I don't think your GPU is supported...there are only a few (Intel) integrated GPUs that actually work. Most likely you do not have QE/CI (Mac's 3D hardware acceleration) enabled, and that's the cause of the video lag. For sound, are you using VoodooHDA or AppleAC'97Audio.kext? Check in /System/Library/Extensions.

It's Snow Leopard version 10.6.6 and it's Hazard distro. (I'm still a newbie in hackintosh so I've never done a retail).

For the GPU I found some kexts on the web but it isn't the cause of video lags because when I was on iDeneb I didn't had those lags.

It ins't a sound kext problem, I already checked for VoodooHDA kext.

The lag problem is like this : when I copy a file or listen to a sound or look at a video I need to continually move my mouse, if I don't move I have lags, if I move it is working fine...

I really don't know where it is coming from.

I can also lower the lags by pressing on my keyboard.

I've already tried to change the PS2Controller.kext but I had the same issue.

Thanks for the chameleon boot message access, but it's only showing me the last boot with my OSX86 ModCD so I don't know what could be the problem on HDD boot.

Despite what is often propagated, retail is actually a lot easier than a distro (and I mean a LOT easier). I did that when I first started hackintoshing, and it was a lot simpler. :) Really, if you use the OSx86 ModCD with a Snow Leopard retail DVD, it would work a lot better. I'm sure many of these issues would be fixed if you used retail.

I know it's not a particular driver issue for sound, but with VoodooHDA there are fixes. Go to System Preferences, open the VoodooHDA pane, and select Enable SSE2. That should help a little...

Also, open Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities), and then try an operation that slows down the computer. Look in Activity Monitor while it is slow and check how much memory/CPU is in use. There may be erroneous CPU usage as well...

I already did it for the VoodooHDA panel.

I just launched my music with iTunes and there was still 46,65% of the CPU usage idle when it was lagging

For the memory it's the same there was 890 Mb free (on 2GB)

iTunes used 1,2% of CPU and 45 Mb of memory

If a Retail install is more stable than a distro I will try but isn't it wrong because I have a AMD Cpu? (OSX only works on Intel normaly right?)

No, that's another myth. Retail runs fine on an AMD CPU if you are using a boot CD that works with AMD. In fact, the OSx86 ModCD was designed for AMD support in mind. :) So you can go ahead with retail.

Ok Did I need to buy a retail DVD (better for law issues I know) or is it fine with a DVD rip first? (if it works with a rip I will surely buy one DVD but I don't know yet...)

Also if it is a Retail, I can install Lion or there are too much kexts problems?

If you can find one available for download, you can use that.

The problem with Lion is that the kernel is still in development, and though you could technically run Lion you can only run Finder if you have a Bulldozer AMD CPU, unless you can find the Finder from DP2.

Ok Thank you for all these informations...

Did I need to save my kexts to use them on the retail version? (or only the VoodooHDA and GPU kexts?)

And if I still have my lags from what could it be coming from? (because apparently it's not from CPU and memory, neither boot.plist)

(Because my Retail DVD may be ready in 2-3 hours or less)

(I found it under the "dmg" format, how can I boot on it from a USB key? with the ModCD?)

Only back up the GPU kexts. The ModCD may install the same kexts, but we'll have to see. All other drivers (including VoodooHDA) will be covered by the ModCD.

Not sure what the lags are coming from, my guess is it is from one of the many, many, many hacked binaries in distros. That is why I suggested retail. :)

If you want to use a USB drive, do the following in your current Snow install:

1. Insert your USB drive, and open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities)

2. Select your USB drive, click the Restore tab on the right side, drag the DMG onto the Source box and the USB drive in the Destination box and click Restore.

3. Once it's done, download the following package: http://www.mediafire.com/?e6efuzsvrhq0y1v and install it onto your USB drive.

4. Boot from it like you would the ModCD. :)