ASRock P67 Pro3 DSDT+Patched Bios

haxzion

37 posts in this topic

DSDT?

post your SSDT and your chameleon boot.plist

Ok, finally I can inject it in my DSDT, thank you very much.

But only 2 states in my 2500K CPU at 4.2 GHz (16,42)

I have a patched ROM and no SSDT, and this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>KeyLayout</key>

<string>mac-es</string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

My DSDT is the one you post, with my graphics edits (Radeon HD 5770) and SATA AHCI Intel 6 Series corrections.

My DSDT is the one you post, with my graphics edits (Radeon HD 5770) and SATA AHCI Intel 6 Series corrections.

I tried with this SSDT, but without success.

Delete the code please you could send the file.btw this ssdt is for i7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TheDjey,

I am going to attempt to mod my ssdt with this tutorial

http://macmanx86.blo...ml#comment-form

I edited this post because it was too long and a different motherboard/processor but in general this is what I have observed about the error 18 and kernel panic.

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 1,2 etc.

I could be wrong but I think you have to have a minimum number of p-states in the ssdt. I had 14 and I kept getting that error until I edited the sections in the ssdt to exactly the specs of my processor , 22 steps from 800-2900, and 4 turbo states near the beginning of the ssdt script.

I think I kinda prooved the minimum number of pastes needed for a particular processor because when I inserted my two basic sections into a working ssdt such as one from Tonymac's MultiBe... I got the error 18 then kernel panic. With either 4 or 9 turbos stated, it did not matter, I still got the error when I inserted only 14 total pstates.

Name (APSN, 0x09) <<< Either 4 or my default 9 still gave me the error. All i7's in general should have 4 turbo's, check your specs.

Name (APSS, Package (0x0E) <<< My default ssdt was 0E, 14 states. After I changed this to (0x16), and inserted all 22 states, I was able to boot.

I used tony's working ssdt for a while but his had 24 states ranging from 1600-3900. I just modified his to range from 800 to 2900 which is what the mobile processor i7-2630QM calls for.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont have the same board, but the same problems.

speedstep only brings the lowest 16 and the turbo step 38.

trying different machine prefs ( like macmini or macbookpro8,3 ( as suggested here)) brings me a kernel panic at boot ( with appleintelcpupowermanagment.plist)

so i only can boot into imac 12,2, which has an undefined speedstep ( out of the SP11dictionary in imac_12,2.plist).

somewhere here i red that imac12,2 doesnt speedstep at all.

greatful for any hint, that brings me speedstep back ( as in 10.6.8)

EDIT:

while trying to get macbookpro8,3 running ( different SSDT, C and P-state enabled in Chameleon)

i discovered my machine running better on MBP8,3 than Imac12,2

(kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 20 25 30 35 38) and IGP + descret grafics AMD running with APGM

so i keep that, TXH for bringing me to the Point

Hi, thanks for your post! Might help if you tell me why you list version 2.00 and 3.20 bios DSDT and patched bios if I only found a 2.10 BIOS version on the Asrock website (which I installed on my mainboard). Are these for the Asrock z68 Pro3 (not Gen3)? What are those versions if they don't match the BIOS version and what should I do with them?

Sorry, I'm kind of newbie...

Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have p67 pro 3 mb, i5 2300 cpu.

I use attached in this topic dsdt, made custom ssdt, and patching iMac 12,2

Chameleon-2.1 as bootloader.

Everything is working fine but system freezing sometimes.

I also use patched AppleRTC.kext because clocks in bios resetting.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Will this work on Yosemite? I'm making my first hackintosh today..

Can I just install this using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] without using the patched bios?