USB problem

danageis

5 posts in this topic

I am having a rather unusual USB problem on my 10.6.8 AMD hackintosh. After a while (sometimes after waking, sometimes right after I boot) SOME of my USB functionality stops working. I say some because I use a USB mouse and keyboard, and they work, but any storage devices connected through USB just don't show up on the Desktop, Disk Utility or Finder. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot and needless to say it is getting pretty annoying to do this every time I need to update my music or put something on a flash drive :/

I know it is not a hardware problem because when I put my iPod in the creen turns on and it says 'Connected' although OS X doesn't seem to think so. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated :)

Installed the rollback kext through ###### SL edition, and the 10.6.2 kext disables all USB drive function on my machine lol.

However, I am now thinking my problem is way different than I had thought and has something to do with the iPod kexts: I tested with a flashdrive, and with the flash drive the only problem I was getting was the 'device ejected improperly' message after wake.

With the iPod though, it is fully functional after boot, but after sleep/wake it stops working. iTunes says it has to be restored if it is plugged into after wake and {censored} utility says it cannot mount. Also, while trying to do use the device after wake the console kernel.log shows this:

http://imageshack.us/f/41/screenshot20120424at149.png/

And the iPod will not be recognized by the machine until reboot. Since it says something about not being able to read mKext (and I have tried repairing permissions/rebuilt kextcache) I assumed it must have something to do with iPod kexts in S/L/E? If anybody can shed some light on this that would be great sorry that I had posted about the wrong problem before :(