New SL install on GA-G41M-ES2L, just a few questions

C.D.C

6 posts in this topic

I just finished installing SL and everything is running great. My Nvidia GT210 is displaying in the proper resolution and as far as I can tell, CI/QE are working. Wired ethernet works and I was able to get wireless with a USB adapter I had lying around.

The only thing I cant get working is the sound. I have tried the instructions on SEVERAL different tutorials for the GA-G41M-ES2L with no luck. I have searched and tried the suggestions on may different posts as well. I just cant seem to get it going. Can anyone help me get this done? I plan to use this hackintosh for audio/video editiong and no sound is an issue, lol.

Next, I am currently at version 10.6.3. How can I upgrade without messing my instal up?

Thanks!

the rev of the motherboard .. 1.2 1.3 or 1.4 ?

I have no idea what revision. How do I tell?

Actually, the motherboard says Rev 1.0 on it. Does it make much of a difference?

You should be able to update without problems. Then look for a sound driver here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=140941

use 887 / 888B.

So I can just use the software update?

rev 1.0 is the good one. the lan 8169C works OOB. the alc is 888 or 883 .. forgot which.

rev does matter as some have different chipset versions like realtek lan is 8169D that one doesnt completely work OOB but with Lnx2Mac works great.. while 8169C works OOB

rev 1.0 is the good one. the lan 8169C works OOB. the alc is 888 or 883 .. forgot which.

rev does matter as some have different chipset versions like realtek lan is 8169D that one doesnt completely work OOB but with Lnx2Mac works great.. while 8169C works OOB

According to the board specs, 888 should be toe correct one. But, I've tried a few different 888 kexts and packages from here and none ever work. I get no output devices at all. Keep in mind I am quite new to the Hackintosh world so i may just be doing something wrong. Is there a good download link for the right driver and maybe a writeup to get it working properly?

Thanks again!