i have a lion dvd?!?

Acro_Design

12 posts in this topic

Hi all

i have a lion education edition DVD official disk from apple well its contents on my usb flash <this was obtained through ligitamate means. Did you even know apple did DVDs for lion? I'm going to get an ISO burned tommorow.

now the thing is there is no guide on what i should do with it next? its contents apear to be slightly different to one obtained from the app store. i would really like to know how to get this working.

if anyones curious i would be happy to post screen shots of its directories and contents.

there is an error stating that the app is broken, but i have a fealing that once its burned back onto a dvd it should work.

I don't think there is an official Lion DVD. If you have the Install Mac OS X Lion app from the App Store, you can burn one by burning InstallESD.dmg to a disc. InstallESD.dmg is found by right-clicking Install Mac OS X Lion.app and selecting View Package Contents. Then, look in the SharedSupport folder and you should find InstallESD.dmg. Burn this file using Disk Utility.

ha ha thats my point. there is but nobody knows about it. i got it from university and it is indeed official. its contents are slightly different but all in all it is indeed official.

to be honest i cant actually get it to work because im still messing about with my smbios to get my I3 2310m recognised. if anyone could let me know what i should list it as or has a smbios for something like this, please! please send it me and i can finally play around with this dvd.

right well theres no point me being stubborn about it. if its not a lion disk image it must be a usb that has been burned to disk.

its called "Mac OS X install ESD" and has no shared support directory in contents. so what is it?

Wait, there is no InstallESD.dmg. That DVD is simply InstallESD.dmg restored to it. So, the disc ITSELF is InstallESD.dmg.

Ah, ok. Look for a file called BaseSystem.dmg in the root of the DVD. Make sure you have Show Hidden Files Enabled. Now, copy this to your computer and follow this excellent guide by MaLd0n to create a bootable lion installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

wooo! lion here i come! 10.6.8 is nothing but hastle anyway i have got it to transcript offline buffer pool allocate [181000] failed hang, which is to do with my intell 3000 integrated, with no dsdt im not sure if i will be able to boot and buy lion, if the disk contains a sufficient install media that means i can get to work!

chameleon installed on usb is saying com.applepoot.plist depreciated please use org.chameleonboot.plist

than it says could not find mach kernal?

why is it not looking in extra folder, and can i just copy the files in extra to the root of the usb to fix?

Bellow is a boot hang from the installer usb before it gets to boot.

in blue is the posible hang (while trying to boot 10.6.8 i get a boot hang here, must be a kernal and new graphics kext issue) its to do with graphics but thats all i can tell you. a google search brings up a tonysombody86 topic about this graphics issue and a solution but i cant understand it.

red is where the boot hang stops, when pcie card is in it hangs just 2 lines after. so i simplified the boot and removed the card.

post-758130-0-81780900-1333659154_thumb.jpg

if you can help me i will be very gratefull and will donate and buy the mods a beer. :D