What OSX can I use on my PC?

Ashael

4 posts in this topic

Hello. What OSX can I use on my PC? I used to have an Intel -based PC so iAtkos all the way, but now i am a newbie in AMD hackintosh and Windows is giving me a bad time. Will give kudos. A tutorial of the installation will be useful.

SPECS:

Name AMD Phenom II X4 955

Codename Deneb

Specification AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor

Package Socket AM3 (938)

Mobo: ASrock M3N78D

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce 720a rev. A2

Southbridge NVIDIA ID075C rev. A2

Graphic Interface PCI-Express

PCI-E Link Width x16

PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory Type DDR3

Memory Size 4096 MBytes

Channels Dual, (Unganged)

Memory Frequency 400.0 MHz (1:2)

CAS# latency (CL) 6.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 6

RAS# Precharge (tRP) 6

Cycle Time (tRAS) 15

Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 20

Command Rate (CR) 2T

Uncore Frequency 1999.9 MHz

GFX: AMD HD6770 1GB GDDR5

Hello and welcome. I merely copy/pasted this from another topic I posted on with a similar concern. You should have took a minute or two to search before posting this but anyway no biggie, just keep it in mind for the future.

First off, usually you can get most any setup to work. It just depends on how much time and effort you're willing to put into getting it to work. Secondly, the best way to discover if your system will be able to run OS X is to try it. Go buy a retail copy of OS X and get yourself started. Lastly, there is only one version of OS X that your system will NOT work with and that's Lion (10.7) technically, it won't work with Mountain Lion (10.8) either but that is irrelevant since it is in pre-release stages anyway and isn't publicly available yet.

You're best bet is to purchase a copy of either Leopard (10.5) or Snow Leopard (10.6) to get the ball rolling. I'm not an AMD user but I will do what I can, within my means to assist you if you need further help. Hope this helps and good luck :)

I assume you already have the iATKOS distro. Even if you do, it's best for you to support Apple by purchasing a legal, retail copy of OS X. The best installs are through the use of the retail software, not through modified distros such as iATKOS.

Now then, you will only need to select ONE kernel. They should have some documentation about the kernels in the installer. If not, try hunting through the forum a bit for a solution. If all else fails, Google will be your best friend for information such as this, keep that in mind if you run into trouble later. I saved you the trouble this time, try this link on the forum, the legacy kernel should work for AMDs and for 10.6.3 which is what I think that version of iATKO uses. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214528

Please keep in mind that I am not an AMD user so it's likely i'll make a mistake. Making sure you are aware of this before hand. :)