[SOLVED] iCloud after 10.7.3

gwg

4 posts in this topic

I have just installed Lion and upgraded to 10.7.3. Tried to log onto iCloud and get Account Limit Reached and Unrecognised Apple ID even though I used the account that I purchased Lion with. I have never used iCloud before and everything else works. Any ideas?

I read the other post but didn't get the detail.

Hi, here's what you need basically:

1. Proper smbios.plist for your hardware with a valid serial number (I generated one with Chameleon Wizard )

2. Have an ethernet interface working and appearing in System Information as "en0" (it doesnt need to be actually connected to the internet).

3. If you have an additional WiFi card to connect to the internet, make sure its shows as "en1" in Sys. Info.

4. Have this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Just follow the instructions on this post and make sure you don't miss any steps. Especially the part about shuffling the network devices to be ethernet as "en0", and WiFi as "en1" if you have two network interfaces.

If you don't have a built-in or ethernet card, you'll need to get one, even if you wont be using it to connect to the internet. And if you don't have a WiFi and already use ethernet to connect, you don't have to do any device shuffling because ethernet should be already configured as "en0" (again, you can always check that on System Information).

Hope that helps! :)

• Like 1

The ethernet works and is "en0". The boot list is has ethernet built in and yes. I have a serial number in smbios.plist and tried changing it but didn't really know what I was doing and the whole system went down - to the point that I had to reinstall everything. A bit worried about changing smbios again as everything else works.

• 2 weeks later...