about using legacy kernel

ozgurcann

4 posts in this topic

I have a Pentium D820 so I have to use the "legacy kernel" but I can not find any information about how to install or use or copy etc...

I will boot with a bootloader Legacy then what's the next step?? Should I install the update 10.6.8 combo first Or legacy kernel? Or should I run ###### first? I'm quite confused, can anyone tell me step by step, which one is first that I should install and which ###### and legacy kernel releases I have to use??

Thanks.

For information about running and maintaining OS X with a patched kernel, study this topic: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=209192

Note that since there will be no more kernels for Snow Leopard, once you're on 10.6.8 and using an appropriate legacy (Voodoo-based) kernel you can just leave it named mach_kernel. Also, don't download any kernels from that topic, they are for 10.5.x - but all the basic principles still apply to Voodoo based kernels on 10.6.x, including what's written in the Voodoo Kernel manual, which you should definitely read.

For information and support regarding TonyMac tools, post at the TonyMac forums.

• Like 1

I installed the match_kernel 10.8 for 10.6.8, but when I check which kernel I have it says 10.4. Is there a way to fix this. I have snow leopard working properly on 10.6.8, but it says the kernel version is 10.4.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get Intel ® HD Graphics optimized for my hackintosh.

it's mach_kernel, not match_kernel. If you named it match_kernel that's the reason why it isn't loading. It's important to pay attention to "little" things like correct spelling with these things.

Check your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (com.apple.Boot.plist if you're using an older version of Chameleon) and verify that it's not set to load a different kernel. Enable view of hidden files (google/forum search to find out how) and look at the root of your hard drive for other kernels.