Finished installation but get weird message on reboot...

DrewDigity

9 posts in this topic

I went through the installation process of editing my boot.ini file with the link to the Chain0 file and partitioning my hard drive with 150gigs of space for the install. I booted to Myzars 10.4.6 install DVD and went through the installers disk utility to verify my drive was ready and Named it Apple Mac OS X86 as instructed in a tutorial. I went through the installation making sure not to install the language packs and printer drivers as instructed. I finish the installation and reboot. Upon reboot I get the following message Hit F1 to reboot, F2 for System Setup. I've tried cleaning my drive and reinstalling several times and still get the same message. Please someone tell me why!

I've got the Myzar 10.4.6 Install DVD and my current configuration is...

- Intel Pentium PROCESSOR, 80532, 2.8G, 512K, 800FSB, SOCKET N

- Maxtor 250 Gig Hard Drive

- ATAPI DVD-ROM 16X

- Intel Pro 100 VE Network Adapter

- Sound Blaster Audiology PCI Sound Card

- M2035 CARD (CIRCUIT), PLANAR (MOTHERBOARD), DIM8300, AUDIO 5.1/NIC

- Invidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB

I would appreciate any direction because I still get... Press F1 to reboot, F2 for System Setup

Sounds like your getting a No boot device found and its telling you to Reboot or Enter bios setup to verify hard drive...

What does it show right before that message? If it scrolls to fast try hitting the pause button it should pause the screen.

Like Rammjet says it sounds more like a BIOS or Win message...anyway to get a pic of it?

Its goes straight from my Dell screen to saying the message press F1 to reboot or F2 for system setup. I did add the following line to my boot.ini file before installing.

C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"

I made sure to copy and paste the Chain0 file from the install cd to the C: drive as well.

I followed the tutorial exactly.

http://drchoc.blogspot.com/2006/04/mac-os-...on-windows.html