Small problems with OSX 10.7.3 guest on Workstation 8.0.1

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

After reading a bunch of forums and posts I managed to get OS X 10.7.2 (now updated to 10.7.3) to run on my Windows 7 hosted VMware Workstation 8.0.1 system. However I have two small problems at the moment.

I have a logitech mouse with multiple buttons, but only the standard 3, and the scroll wheel, work. I was wondering if the back and forward buttons, which currently seem to just act as middle click, can be made to work?

Also, I can't seem to access my shared folder. It seemed to work earlier when I used some other versions of darwin.iso (I went through a lot before I finally got 'Autofit guest' and good performance to work), but now the folder just wont appear on the OS X desktop. The icon sometimes appears on the desktop when I reboot OS X, but dissappears a moment later.

Hopefully someone here can help :).

EDIT: I found the shared folder by going 'up' one level from the Macintosh drive. Still strange how it doesn't show on the desktop.

However, I'm noticing some more problems now, such as text not appearing in Pages and VLC crashing when I try to play a video :(. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver (VMsvga2_v1.2.4_OS_10.6-7.pkg), but it hasn't helped.

Thanks.

I found a solution for the back/forward button (I can't live without it :), having to move my mouse to move back in web or file browser feels like the 90s and slows me down a lot).

BetterTouchTool recognises the extra buttons as button 4 and 5 and I set them to Command-[ and Command-] and now I have back and forward in OS X.

My main problem now is Pages. I can't see anything I type into Pages. It's just a big white area. If I click around the page after choosing a template, I can edit the pictures and such that are there, but I can't see them.

Graphical performance is also pretty bad. Videos in QuickTime Player are laggy and the Launcher is very laggy at high resolutions. Is this normal?