[Guide] HP Elitebook 8560W installation Guide

Pluskat5000Schiffe

35 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to install all of this including the kext in this guide. Everything works perfectly and i can even update to 10.8.2, my only issue now is that when the screen goes to sleep, i can't recover anymore.... i get a blackscreen if i move my mouse around i see the pointer but that's it... i have to hard reset the PC. Please help me.

I managed to install all of this including the kext in this guide. Everything works perfectly and i can even update to 10.8.2, my only issue now is that when the screen goes to sleep, i can't recover anymore.... i get a blackscreen if i move my mouse around i see the pointer but that's it... i have to hard reset the PC. Please help me.

Anyone? please i need help with this sleep issue. I understand it is probably due to the nullpowermanagement kext but if i remove i wont be able to boot into osx anymore... Can someone explain the steps for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone? please i need help with this sleep issue. I understand it is probably due to the nullpowermanagement kext but if i remove i wont be able to boot into osx anymore... Can someone explain the steps for me?

How did you install mountain lion with the kexts? when I try to install I just reboot to a black screen

• 7 months later...

Hello, i am still unix fan, but I want to try MAC on my notebook HP Elitebook 8560w LY524EA#BCM

I have 2 questions.

1/ how long does a battery last on a MAC OS X Mavericks 10.9 ?

2  Can I use DSDT from Ubuntu 13.04 and transfer this DSDT to MAC? Why I am asking, becouse with Ubuntu works all the hardware in my laptop. Is that posible?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Successful install of OS X 10.9 on hp 8560w using the dsdt.aml and all included kexts available for download in this posting. Everything is working as described.

can you upload all your kext for Mac os 10.9 ? (Sound, USB3, touchpad,screen brightness) 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Altough this guide is now very much outdated, some things are still of interest.

You mention the touchpad only works after removing the "orange clitoris". Why is this and are you sure about this?

The DSDT.aml of the first post only works if you have the exact same spec with NVidia graphics. Correct? (I have AMD).

The best way to install now is to use Clover EFI. It works amazing, just a bit more work to setup correctly.

There are a few things which still need work (using Clover EFI)

- Touchpad doesn't work 100% with the driver I have, no pinch to zoom or 3+ finger gestures (the one posted here doesn't work for me, hence the question.)

- I think CPU and Graphics power management doesn't work. I haven't touched DSDT / SSDT so I assume I would have to patch this

- No Wi-Fi obviously. Working on it, but there are a number of viable solutions out there

- SDHC reader doesn't work I believe

- USB 3.0 seems a bit hit and miss to connect, but does work well

- Volume control keys don't change the volume. This is due to VoodooHDA and can be fixed with a config edit.

- Probably something else I can't think of right now

Everything else (including M5950 / 6770m graphics) works really well!

can you upload all your kext for Mac os 10.9 ? (Sound, USB3, touchpad,screen brightness) 

Thanks

See first post