IAktos L2 only boots with disk

limpep

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've managed to install IAktos L2 (Lion 10.7.2) on my laptop (Samsung R580) but the only issue I am having is when I remove the DVD it wont boot. It just restarts after you select the drive. But when the DVD is in the laptop it works fine.

Any help would be great.

The following hasn't worked so far,

setting the hibernate to 0 and removing the sleep file. Removing the disk and selecting the partition will load the apple logo for a second and then the laptop will restart again. Same thing happens when I use -v options. so far everyone works with just the disk inserted. Any help would be great

Hi, i wont be able to help you here, but if you see any errors when starting with -v i think it could be helpfull to post them.

But i kinda have a sameish problem when i try to install Lion on my sandy bridge asrock. After saying starting darwin x86 (or sth) it always reboots and i got no clue what could fix that yet.

But i'll let you know when i handled with it ;)

Boot to your desktop using the iAtkos DVD, then open up the DVD and have a look for the smbios.plist and org.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder.

Compare the version on your hard drive to this. If none present, copy the one from the iAtkos DVD to get you started.

Boot with -v (verbose) and post the output.