No QE/CI or 1280x1024 resolution

BlackStorm

6 posts in this topic

Hello!!

I recently got an ATI 9600xt PRO 256MB DDR. I have a totally fresh install of JaS's 10.4.6 DVD. It says I have QE/CI supported right now, but I wanted to get a higher resolution, so i installed Callisto 8 and now I don't have QE/CI supported. =( Is there a way to get a higher resolution, QE/CI supported AND have the system run fairly fast?

System:

CPU: P4 2.4Ghz SSE2

Memory: 1024MB DDR

HDD: 200GB WD (186GB formated)

Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 xt PRO 356MB DDR (ID = 4152)

Motherboard: Soyo SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v1.0

- Dustin

Hello there Rammjet!

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked in the FAQ and all I could find was on Number 11.

How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboot.

the problem I am having is that since I have a 9600, I don't see that option there. So should I choose the 9700? or the 8500? or the x1000? =/

- Dustin

Hey Rammjet again!!

Ok, I guess I'm slightly retarded as I was editing the ATIRadeon9700.kext and NOT the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin like I was supposed to. (o.0) So that was the reason behind my second post of which on to use. But, after doing what the FAQ said to do (edit the correct file) it is working.

The only slight problem that I have now is I get these little small boxes where the mouse was sitting every now and then. Is this what everyone refers to as "mouse artifacting"? If so, how do I fix that? Thanks again for all the help!

- Dustin

Yep, thats good old mouse tearing.

The only way around that is to disable QE/CI or move to the GMA950 integrated gfx.

You can mitigate the effects by using various tools such as Mouseposse and Mouse Locator (do a forum search, it has been talked about a fair bit to date).