f0rcegr0wn

VMWARE: vmsvga2 setup guide?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

hopefully a quick one but something I have been trying to configure for some time.

In short, installed OSX 10.6 in VMware without any major issues. I am now at the point of trying to configure graphics but I am a bit lost as to what to expect and what to do.

To start with I installed VMsvga2_v1.2.4_OS_10.6-7.pkg drivers and I had no issues after reboot.

Enabled 3D accelaration in VMWare, also no issues.

Tried various options in vmx and Boot.plist but none gives me expected 3D performance.

Is there a clear guide on how to set this aspect up?

Also, what is the best way of confirming it is working? In my case FrontRow gives blank screen, QuickTime no error but nothing else (doesn't load) and DVD player starts but shows error about no compatible device being found (which from what I read is expected). Any other ways of confirming 3D acceleration is in place?

Many many thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By abhinav
      How to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra in Vmware Workstation 14 Pro on AMD Machine
      Unlocker cmd already installed for vmware workstation 14
      vmx file edited...added smc.version="0"

My System Specs
      AMD FX8120 8 Core
      Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR3 RAM
      Asus 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard
      Sandisk Ultra II 480 GB SSD SATA 3
      Asus STRIX 960 GTX 4 GB DCU II Model Pixel Shader 5 DirectX 12 Support

Virtual Machine Specs
      16 GB RAM
      2 processors and 4 cores = 8 core processor
      SATA hard drive
      128 MB video memory

• By the_jff
      Hi,

I have a OSX 10.13.2 High Sierra guest running on Win7 pro.

The guest is only used to configure idevice with Apple configurator2.

guest and host as the latest itunes version and driver.

I use an iPhone 6 and 6S and it's working perfectly, my problem started when I got 2 new iphone8+ (and later while writing the post, using an iPhone SE, same problem), on the host machine, no problem at all, they work and they are displayed in itunes.

When I connect to guest, the loop start and I have to physically disconnect the usb cable for it to stop, trying the right-click on icon and connect/disconnect host... not working, it give me a unknown error.

I was running Workstation Pro 12.5, so I decide to upgrade to 14.1.1, same problem.

I tried on the Player 14, same problem... BUT, once, only once it work and I was able to see the device in Configurator and apply the profile that I needed.

I also have a WinXP and a Win7 VM, and they can connect to the iphone8, so look like it's not an issue with the host/vmware application...

VMTools is up to date

Set to USB 2.0,

Use the PC USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, with or without a USB hub (all those options work with the iphone 6/6s)

The "usb.quirks.device0 = "0xvid:0xpid" config been tested and not working

I delete all the files in c:\users\vmware\...

I tested a new fresh guest machine from scratch, same result (so I can get narrow out a faulty .vmx file)

The result is always the same... loop reconnect/disconnect on the guest machine, I hear the "dong" sound on Win7 when usb device is connect looping with the idevice sound when it connect...

This is the log file for the iphone6s with the connection working

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

And this is the iPhone8+ that doesn't work

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

I highlighted the only difference between both.

Any clue why ??

My next project will be to test it on another PC in the office, fresh Workstation installation.

Thanks

• By rxm888
      i have ended up getting high sierra installed on my intel DQ670w board. i used a premade high sierra/clover dmg i extracted to a usb flash drive. right now the audio, networking arnt working and the video card i have in the machine an nvidia geforce 1050 gtx ti it works but has very very very choppy/jittery video. i did find some kext files for the network and audio but when i put them in the extensions folder they didnt do anything to add audio or networking. also i have to get the machine to boot from the hard drive rather then having to boot the usb flash drive to get the hard drive to boot and i have to work on the video card stuff as well. i am not to good at this stuff cause usually when i have tried stuff i end up breaking stuff or that stuff doesnt work. i am not all that code or certain tech savy. i am not the brightest. i like things laid out where its all like this is the files and where you get them from this is how u work with them kind of thing. it does agravate me when people just wont lay out stuff as like a dummy book does and makes everything easy. i tried on facebook groups and got as far as to be told what kexts to find but never told where to find them. i did try to look on my own and i did find a few kexts but they where ones that needed alterations to the os to even make them usable. the video kext or driver i was told to install it and do something like change something to true. all i need are the kext files and to make the machine boot from the hard drive rather then complaining it doesnt have an os on the drive or having to use the usb flash drive to make it boot and the video files and to know how to deal with the files and make them work without having to start over with everything and reinstalling stuff
    • By MSoK
      This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 10.1.1

Please note: In the latest VMwareGfx.kext from Fusion 8.5.5 onwards VMware have discontinued the 2D-Acceleration code, and graphics performance is better now, thanks to Zenith432 for the update.

To check for the latest version visit http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/. The various VMware Tools downloads are located under the packages folder for each version.

Instructions for extracting darwin.iso
      - Download the file above
      - Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
      - darwin.iso is located in the "payload" folder
    • By sunborn
      So I just got Yosemite up and virtualized in ESXi.

However, I am using workstation as a console like the KB says to do after 6.5.

So the benefit of the workstation is that sound can come out if you add the adapter. This works just fine with a window$ VM. (BTW the documentation says it shouldn't work)

In the yosemite VM it just produces a white-noise static when the sounds should be played.

This tells me that it is a driver issue, and should be able to work in theory.

However, does anyone have experience with VMWare workstation and the sound in OS X?

Thanks,