retail dvd installation? bootloaders?

acidyoel

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.. I've been looking for how to install using the retail dvd.

My preview osx86 installation was around at 10.4.. using jas dvd or ipc's.

The thing is I don't have a fast connection or a dvd burner. I have a retail dvd of lion. What are my options?

Also I have an ATI x2300 x7188. HP 6910p. Is qe/ci working for this or not?

Thanks

I'm just looking for opinions and optios to the newest bootloaders... an update of the scene. its been a while and everythink looks like it hasn't changed...

I'm looking for a retail dvd install. I already have the dvd and I don't have a dvd burner at the time. or a fast connection. thanks

If you already know how to get the JaS distro running, install that to a small partition and use it as a base to prepare for a Lion installation. You don't need to have everything working, as long as you can boot to the desktop and use Disk Utility and Terminal you have what you need. Although obviously working ethernet would be a plus.

If you're a ninja, you might even be able to do everything from the JaS install DVD...but this would require lots of research and preparation, you'd need to have all the necessary files at hand.

Once you're up and running find and follow one of the many guides on how to create a bootable Lion installer on a flash drive. Basically it involves installing and configuring the Chameleon boot loader, and restoring Basesystem.dmg from the Lion installer to the flash drive, and copying the kernel and some other files from the Lion install media to it.

I don't know anything about ATI cards or HP PCs, I can't say if your hardware is compatible with Lion. If I were to guess, I'd say it's too old.