eks1910

Trying to Find Compatible OSx86 Distribution for Dell GX620

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find a complete compatible OSx86 distribution form my Dell Optiplex GX620. All the one that I have found so far (iDebneb or iATKOS) have failed, the 2 iDebneb torrents must be missing files, because BitTorrent stops and shows and error message saying files are missing, and all I end up with is a 356MB file that is usless, the iATKOS doesn't seem to exist or there are no seeds.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a full and complete compaitable OSx86 distribution ISO torrent file for the following:

Dell Optiplex GX620

BIOS: A07 (03/31/06)

CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

CPU Clock Speed: 2.80GHz

CPU Bus Speed: 800MHz

CPU L2 Cache: 2MB

CPU ID: 0F47

Multiple Core Capable: Yes (Dual)

Hyper-threading Capable: No

64-Bit Technology: Yes (Intel EM64T)

RAM: 2.0 GB

Memory Speed: 533MHz

Memory Channel Mode: Dual Interleaved

Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM

PCI info: Slot ID - PEG VGA, Display

Hard Drive: Western Digital SATA 80GB (WD800JD-75MSA3)

Optical Drive: Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM (CRX310EE)

Video: 8MB (Onboard/PEG)

Sound:

Peripheral's:

Integrated NIC

USB

Advertisement

Thanks I saw the link talking about using Boot-132 CD and a retail copy of Mac OS (which I do own a legal copy of Leopard 10.5.0 DVD) tried it and it didn't work, all I got was the gray Mac boot screen with the Apple logo. The hard drive I'm using doesn't have any operating system on it. Do I need to add the Master Boot Record to the drive first?

So it looks like the generic Boot-132 loader I found my be too generic from My Dell Optiplex GX620. If anyone knows where I can find a specific

Boot-132 for the Dell Optilplex GX620, please send me the link.

Thanks but both of those look like they are talking about Snow Leopard, and the download links are DMG files, which a Intel PC can't make heads or tails of.

They didn't really answer my questions regarding a "Boot-132" loader specifically for the Dell GX620

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By izzy5708
      Hello,
      I am new hackintosher,
      After following a few tutorials, guides, google and trial and error i managed to install 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 via iAtkos method perfectly functional(i tried the guide here but didnt work for me) now when i try to update to 10.6.8 and i restart computer boots and runs extremely slow and now usb but 10.6.7 is fully stable hackintoshed about 10 times using multiple methods but result is always the same any help would be appreciated my system specs and methods i have tried below

Specs
      Dell Optiplex gx620
      Intel pentium d 3.4 ghz processor
      3gb memory
      500gb sata(use for mac) and 80gb sata
      gma950 2772 device id integrated graphics
      Wmp54gs wlan card(airport) 10.6.3 but 10.6.8 doesnt take even after reinstalling old kext)

Methods
      Iatkos s3
      Nawcom boot cd(##### legacy wont boot my computer keeps restarting) w/ myhack 1.1

Please help no kp only a slow machine i have all kext files that make it work just very slow and no usb
    • By Cerastez
      This is a fast, easy way to install 10.6.8 on a Dell Optiplex GX620. You don't need to have an already functioning Mac to do this installation. It uses a retail Snow Leopard disk. It is not a vanilla kernel install When you are done everything will work, full QE/CL, sleep, sound and ethernet. Follow along with this
      to see the installation step by step. 
      ************************Specs***************************

Optiplex GX620 Desktop Computer
      BIOS Version A07
      Intel ® Pentium ® D 820
      Dual Core 2.80GHz

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
      00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)
      00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
      00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
      00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
      00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01)
      00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
      00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
      00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
      00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
      00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
      00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
      00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
      00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
      00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
      00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
      02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 01)

This method borrows heavily from these two posts: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=233396 and http://tonymacx86.bl...ac-os-x-on.html

*Note that I recently tried this installation method on a GX620 that is a P4. i boot did not work with it. After trying a number of things I used Nawcom's boot CD instead if i boot. The rest of the installation method was the same.

You will need to collect some things before you get started: (The files are here: http://www.mediafire...o7gof1y208t8x49)
      A retail Snow Leopard installer disk, I used 10.6.3 *You must use 10.6.3, 10.6.0 will not work
      i boot Legacy and you will need to burn a CD of it
      #### or some kext installing utility.
      myHack_Installer_1.1.zip
      MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg from Apples website.
      legacy_kernel-10.6.8.v2.pkg
      DSDT Editor
      AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
      AppleAC97Audio.kext

Burn the i boot Legacy image to a CD

Put everything else on a flashdrive, CD, external hard drive or whatever works for you. They will need to be copied to your GX620 later on.

Boot into your bios and change the boot order so that you boot off your optical drive first.

Put your i boot Legacy CD in your optical drive.

Reboot

When you see the screen with the red apple, eject the i boot Legacy CD.

Put your Snow Leopard installer disk in your optical drive.

Hit the F5 key.

The Snow Leopard installer disk should appear on screen. Use the arrow keys to select it and hit Enter. The screen will go black and then you should get the gray Apple start up screen.

When the first window comes up, select your language , and hit the arrow button.

************************Format your Drive***************************

Go up to the tool bar and under Utilities, select Disk Utility.

When Disk Utility opens, highlight your hard drive and select the Partition Tab.

Select the number of partitions that you want. Name them and make certain that their format is Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Hit the Options button and choose GUID Partition Table. Hit the Apply button, when the window pops up hit Partition.

When the partitioning is done, quit Disk Utility.

************************Basic System Installation***************************

Continue with the Snow Leopard installation. The button sequence is Continue, Agree, and Install. The install will take about 30 minutes. It is alright to walk away, you don't have to be there when the install finishes.

Put the i boot Legacy CD in your optical drive.

Restart the GX620.

When the screen with the red apple comes up, use the arrow keys to select the partition with the freshly installed Snow Leopard system, and hit Return.

The screen will go black, then you will get the gray Apple start up screen, and then you will get the glorious, Apple welcome sequence.

You will need to go through the set-up process. This is where you enter your address and time zone. It is a well guided process that I won't go through the details here.

************************Fixes and the Upgrade***************************

Copy the following files to your GX620. The i boot Legacy CD can be ejected, if you are copying from a CD.
      #### or some kext installing utility.
      myHack_Installer_1.1.zip
      MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg from Apples website.
      legacy_kernel-10.6.8.v2.pkg
      DSDT Editor
      AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
      AppleAC97Audio.kext

Go to the Apple Menu and open System Preferences. Select Energy Saver and set both sleep option to Never. When you are done installing, sleep will work. For now it is vitally important that your system not fall asleep while you are installing. Quit System Preferences.

Open myHack Installer version 1.1. Press Continue until a window pops up, press Agree, next hit the Customize button.

In the Custom Install screen select:
      com.apple.Boot.plist
      GraphicsEnabler
      Chocolate Kernal
      EvOreboot.kext
      IOATAFamily.kext
      IONetworkingFamily.kext
      ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext
      NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Three selections will be left unchecked.

Hit Install, enter your Password and let it install. When it is finished Close myHack Installer.

************************Fix the Video***************************
      **If you are installing on the Ultra Small Form Factor GX620 with the integrated DVI with dual-monitor support, you must use a DVI cable to connect to your monitor. Do not use a VGA adapter!

Open DSDT Editor, under File select Extract DSDT.

In the menu under Patch select Open, and navigate to the DSDT Editor folder. Inside that is a Patches folder, open DTGP.txt.

A Patch window will open up. Press the Apply button and when it has finished, press Close.

Under Patch select Open, and navigate to the DSDT Editor folder. Inside that is a Patches folder, open GMA950 desktop.txt.

A Patch window will open up. Press the Apply button and when it has finished, press Close.

In the menu under IASL, select Compile. When the Compile window pops up hit the Fix Errors button, when it is done, close the window.

Under IASL, select Save AML as... Name the file dsdt.aml and save it to your desktop.

Quit DSDT Editor.

Open your hard drive's root directory and drag the dsdt.aml file into the Extra folder.

**This is a good time to run myFix1.3, eject your boot CD and restart.

************************Update to 10.6.8***************************

Open the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg. Hit Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree and Install. Authenticate with your password and let it install.

DO NOT RESTART when installation finishes. Drag the installation window off to one side and leave it alone.

Open your hard drive's root directory and right-click on the chocolate-kernel file, Move To Trash. You will have to authenticate with your password.

Open the Legacy Kernel 10.6.8 package and install it. Hit Continue, Continue, Continue, and Install.

Remove the i boot Legacy CD from your optical drive and restart your computer. You should see the iHack start up screen, the gray apple screen and then you are running 10.6.8! You can now use Software Update to update your system.

************************Fix the Audio and Ethernet***************************

Open the AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext and the AppleAC97Audio.kext

Use ###### to install the two kexts.

Go to the Apple Menu and open System Preferences, then Network. A window will pop up that says, "New Interface Detected." Hit Okay. The little red button next to Ethernet should change to green and move to the top of the list.

To fix the MAC address use these instructions.
      AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip
      AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip
      myHack_Installer_1.1.zip
      dsdt.aml.zip
      [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].zip
      myFix1.3.zip