InsanelyMac Forum
Rick1987

Quicktime, itunes, dvd player freezing problem 10.7.2

Hello everybody,

I've been googling for days, but I have only been able to find similar problems on forums with non hackintosh computers with earlier versions of Lion.

When trying to play a video the system freezes, sound continues to play end the mouse will move, but the system will not respond to any input and a shutdown by holding the powerbutton is the only way out.

This happens to me in quicktime (including safari plugin on apples website), iTunes (video), iPhoto (also only video, rest is working fine) and the build in dvd player. VLC, as well as Final Cut Pro is working just fine.

My hackintosh is close to perfect. I try to avoid quicktime, but when you stumble on an embedded video in safari, insert a dvd (autorun) or accidentally hit a video in your photo library in iPhoto this is quite annoying.

I managed to get rid of the flash-player freezing problem by disabling hardware acceleration in the flash settings, it is bit laggy in full screen tough.

Dell 1558 Studio Laptop

1.6 GHz Intel Core i7

6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5470M 1024 MB

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I hope there is a solution for this :)

Thanks

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sylv3on
      as the title indicates, i'm having a lot of trouble getting high sierra working on my pc

i created a 10.13 installer usb, booted into its installer through clover installed and even problemlessly transferred my files from my 10.12 install over to 10.13, but yet i can't boot into it

in the attached image you can see where precisely it locks up (it might be important to note that DSMOS never arrives during the boot sequence (or at least the part of the boot sequence that actually happens before it does locks up))

one thing i find weird is the fact that my 10.12 install (which is on another partition of the same drive that 10.13 is installed to) still boots with functioning sound despite me having completely removed applealc.kext from my clover install

my config.plist is here: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1RjfaLZ9zqT-N12kZXbX26xvC0QzMSBSZ(putting it on google drive because this website apparently doesnt want me to upload config.plist files, god knows why)

i'm running clover 4297

my specs:

intel core i7 3770
      gigabyte geforce gtx 760
      16gb ram
      256gb sandisk ssd
      2tb seagate sshd
      750gb western digital
      1tb western digital

i'm pretty much at my wit's end here so i'd be glad if anyone knew what the hell is going on 

• By Fory360
      Hi, I install clean high sierra on SSD, the iconservicesagent keeps on bogging down the system while eating up all the memory in a few seconds and then filling up my OS drive (an SSD) with swap space. I can force quit it in Activity Monitor, and I need to do it several times, before I can use my Mac again.

I happen to internal and external hdd with custom icons in videos, there are not many system utilities ready for High Sierra, but deleting caches does not help anything.

The Finder works on the main disk, but upon entering another HDD the iconservicesagent starts to function and blocks the computer completely.

With the 27-inch iMac me the same happened, is a disaster!!

the solution they give me in apple care is to reinstall the system from 0, I have already done it 2 times and the problem persists, that you have made apple, you have no solution for this?

High Sierra disaster, with macos saw not the problem of ICONSERVICESAGENT

Help!!

• By MorenoAv
      Hi Guys,
      I have random freezes in safari, I'm using intel graphicsfixup.kext, lilu, and my iTunes don't crash, anyone knows the reason that this happens?
      Thanks in Advance
      Send me iMac de AM.zip
    • By randor48
      Hello there,

I just finished my Hackintosh with a clean High Sierra install. So far everything seems to be right, got even sleep through patched dsdt working. Only big issue is that videos (HTML5 on Safari(Youtube HD), iTunes trailer) causes System freeze. So it seems to be DRM related. I inject through Clover shiki and whatevergreen with lilu but this won't help at all. My mouse keep working but nothing else only power button shutdown helps.

I just read about this problem from Intel graphics but I'm using an AMD graphics and have iGPU deactivated in BIOS.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution for that? In Sierra I had not any problems like this so it seems related to that.

Thanks in advance