Powermanagement,..what's the best option?

The Windows Tweaker

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

During the last day i am trying to improve my batterylife and also improving the performance of my hacktintosh. Normaly i use the nullcpupowermanagement.kext, disabler.kext and voodoobattery.kext. This method works fine but after reading some topics a understand it can be better. For example taking use of the P and C stage. I have installed the voodomonitor and voodoopstage kexts and i noticed that my battery last a little bit longer. Only there is no increase of performance so thats why i wrote this topic.

In snow leopard there was the option to select a high performance or better battery life in the energy prefpane. Did apple remove that in Lion? And what would you people recommend?

I hope you all have some anwsers :-)

The Windows Tweaker

RC5 isn't going to be able to boot lion (through all revisions), for this you will need chameleon 2.1.

Remove nullpowermanagement and disabler (you should only need 1 of these anyway, they do the same thing).

Rebuild caches and repair permissions, then reboot in verbose mode and enable c and p states:

-v EnablePStates=Yes EnableCStates=Yes

During boot, look for lines with AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext.

If it boots, check c+p states are working with z-cpu or similar (your voodoo monitor may work, not sure though)

If you get a kernel panic, you may need to edit your DSDT in order to get AppleCPUPowerManagement to load.