InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PunkNugget

EVGA SR-2 with 2 X5650 CPUs running Lion 10.7...

Hello Everyone:

I have request for anyone that is reading this, I am having some challenges installing Lion 10.7 on my SR-2 system. I've had two other people try to help me install it (as they have their own successes), or for whatever reason (communication wise) I (or they) could be leaving something out that may be needed to get Lion 10.7.x up and running. Can anyone help? I, (just like anyone else who has this similar SR-2 Mobo setup) have an amazing machine that is just waiting to have Lion 10.7.x up and running on it. I hope anyone out there can be of some help. Thank you in advance for whatever anyone can do... PNugg... :-)

System Setup (Hardware):

1 - Silverstone TJ11 Case Tower

1 - EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 Motherboard

2 - Intel X5650 CPUs

1 - EVGA 480 GTX Superclocked GPU

48GB - Kingston HyperX 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K6/24GX

1 - Syba Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Card (SD-PEX24009)

Water Cooled completely throughout (CPU's, Mobo & GPU) by Koolance.

1 - 120GB 6GB SSD (by Other World Computing)

3 - 2TB WB2001FASS HDs (by Western Digital)

So far I installed everything using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 and that got the SSD loaded up with Lion 10.7.2 is currently working, but only with the USB Boot stick in safe mode. But when I reboot and have the SSD start on it's own it gives me this error message:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: done

boot1: error_

Don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions that I may need to make in Terminal to get things working (or any other suggestions), please let me know. Thank you...

PS - I tried this command (below) and it still gave me the same error message after I rebooted the SSD on it's own:

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

f 1

w

y

q

Advertisement

This is my first post on this site . but i do have a water-cooled hackintosh . on a asus motherboard.

have you tried installing on a standard hard drive? if so you can then plug in your ssd and reinstall the boot loader to ssd.

have you tried using different sata port on your mother board

i don't think its reading the boot files on your ssd drive.

maybe worth a try

Hello Everyone:

I have request for anyone that is reading this, I am having some challenges installing Lion 10.7 on my SR-2 system. I've had two other people try to help me install it (as they have their own successes), or for whatever reason (communication wise) I (or they) could be leaving something out that may be needed to get Lion 10.7.x up and running. Can anyone help? I, (just like anyone else who has this similar SR-2 Mobo setup) have an amazing machine that is just waiting to have Lion 10.7.x up and running on it. I hope anyone out there can be of some help. Thank you in advance for whatever anyone can do... PNugg... :-)

System Setup (Hardware):

1 - Silverstone TJ11 Case Tower

1 - EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 Motherboard

2 - Intel X5650 CPUs

1 - EVGA 480 GTX Superclocked GPU

48GB - Kingston HyperX 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K6/24GX

1 - Syba Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Card (SD-PEX24009)

Water Cooled completely throughout (CPU's, Mobo & GPU) by Koolance.

1 - 120GB 6GB SSD (by Other World Computing)

3 - 2TB WB2001FASS HDs (by Western Digital)

So far I installed everything using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 and that got the SSD loaded up with Lion 10.7.2 is currently working, but only with the USB Boot stick in safe mode. But when I reboot and have the SSD start on it's own it gives me this error message:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: done

boot1: error_

Don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions that I may need to make in Terminal to get things working (or any other suggestions), please let me know. Thank you...

PS - I tried this command (below) and it still gave me the same error message after I rebooted the SSD on it's own:

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

f 1

w

y

q

Did you ever get this resolved? If not, I could probably help you. Basically, you need to start with Chimera 1.70 (found at Tonymacx86.com).

Please let me know because I am most likely getting one of these boards too, then we could help each other.

Thanks!