Help fixing up my two different builds

Blazing angel

3 posts in this topic

This is my first post on this forums so..hello guys! Hope to fit in (and hopefully help others in the future)!

I've currently got two "custom mac" builds in my possession. I seem to be having a small bit of problems with them. Any help would be appreciated.

System 1:

Asus P7P55D-E PRO

I7 870

GTS 450

This computer runs almost 100% perfectly, there are just two issues bugging me.

1) Random freezes once in a blue moon. I'll be using the computer and it'll just freeze. A simple reboot fixes it. I feel this is the dreaded "fermi freeze"

2) Audio and video do not function properly without the presence of nullcpupowermanagement.kext. I have no idea why, but both lag tremendously without this kext. I have sleep working via sleep enabler.kext

System 2:

Hp dv6629 laptop

Intel Core T5250 @ 1.5 GHZ

2gb Ram

Intel GMAX3100

Intel 965 Chipset.

This is a rather old laptop, i'm surprised i got it working with 10.7.2. I got graphics to function by setting it to boot 32bit and graphics enabler=no on chimera. Audio only works with voodoohda version 0.2.2. Any higher version causes the volume to "stick" on high. (no matter where i place the volume level at, it is actually at 100%). I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install drivers.

Help needed"

1) Sleep. I have no idea how to make it work. I enabled sleep enabler. What the laptop currently does when i git sleep is : shut screen down, lower fan speed a bit, turn volume indcator "red", and turn bluetooth/wi fi indicator red.

2) Cheap wi fi card to install for wi fi connection. THe intel 4965 isn't supported, so i am looking for a cheap card to swap it out with.

3) Card reader won't function. I can't get it to "turn on". It works fin in windows. It is a ricoh 5-in-1 card reader.

I'm not sure if i provided enough information (sorry if i did not!)

Thank in advance for ANY help :)

PS: if any specific hardware models are needed, i've also got windows installed for "dual boot" on both machines

System 1 Problem 1:

I get these with my 480 GTX, sometimes I wake to grey static (like you used to get on analogue TV between channels) and sometimes I wake to blackness.

Sometimes I'm even lucky enough for my entire screen to turn to artifacts, it looks like the whole screen is made out of about 150 rather big pixels.

I put this down to good ol' nvidia as windows users have the exact same problems.

System 1 Problem 2:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext is being loaded, this is allowing the cpu to throttle down.

What you can do is disable c/p states through your org.chameleon.Boot.plist/com.apple.Boot.plist, then delete nullcpupowermanagement and see how it goes.

I had this exact issue on my little brothers laptop the other day, it's about 7 years old and doesn't support c/p states.

I had tried to enable them through chameleon just to see what would happen. When I stopped interacting with the system the music would lag, I disabled the c/p states and it's all fine.

System 2 Problem 1

Look at a dsdt fix

System 2 Problem 2

buy anything that starts broadcom 431.., or an apple branded card. I've also had luck with atheros cards. There is a whitelist of working wifi cards on here somewhere, have a search, I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

System 2 Problem 3

I think someone over at voodoo forums is working on a ricoh support.