nVidia GeForce 210, 512MB, DDR2 (PNY) - Cannot enable QE/CI

MichaelLynch90

8 posts in this topic

I'm running using iAtkos s3 v2 (I know, bad, once I am able to get it up and running I will purchase a valid licence) on Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L and have everything up and running out of the box other than graphics.

I am able to see all resolutions, however my graphics card is shown as unknown nVidia card wether booting in 32 or 64 bit. Correct vRam is displayed. All resilutions available an dworks with VGA and HDMI (not tried DVI)!

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display Connector:

L7AK2A:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

I have tried Chameleon and Chimera bootloaders and 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' as well as EFI Strings (Used EFI Studio 1.1 GeForce 9800 string and simply changed the NVCAP. I have tried NVEnabler, I have tried editing NvREesman and NVDANV50 both default and with NVCAp change (which resulte din Kernel Panic).

I was advise dto purhcae this catd as it would be very simple to use and subsequently told that GraphicsEnabler would suffice however this is not so.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Does iAtkos run using vanilla nVidia Kexts? If not, where can I download them? I am running 10.6.4 and cannot update to 10.6.8 so therefore the nVidia graphics update will not be able to run on my machine and extracting and installing these directly using KextHelper reuslts in a kernel panic.

At my wits end here. I thought this would be simple with this card.

If i can't get it to work then I fear I';; have to buy a new card that should work OOTB however I'm very wary now and my student budget is very low!

I am able to see all resolutions, however my graphics card is shown as unknown nVidia card wether booting in 32 or 64 bit. Correct vRam is displayed. All resilutions available an dworks with VGA and HDMI (not tried DVI)!

"unknown nvidia card" doesn't mean anything. In Chameleon, the model name of your video card is injected based on a hard coded list with device IDs matched to card names: http://forge.voodoop...ibsaio/nvidia.c

But you can have perfectly working accelerated graphics with all features enabled with GraphicsEnabler=y even if your card is not on that list. You could even modify the code yourself, add your cards device ID to the list but have the model name come up as "Huge Graphics Card" if you wish. It's purely cosmetic.

If your video card is not working right, System Profiler showing it as "unknown nvidia card" has nothing to do with it.

Remove third party graphics kexts, use latest chameleon with graphicsenabler, install nvidia drivers http://www.nvidia.co...f01-driver.html

Thanks for the replies. I'll try this solution which of course means updating to 10.6.8... Currently using 10.6.4 as .5 was giving me kernel panics even in safe boot. I'll let you know how it goes... I guess ill need to change my customac to identify as a mac pro 3.1 also

Or use Tonymac installer....

Okay Ive followed your instructions to remove 3rd party and add GraphicsEnabler... however Ive hit a problem.

Graphics card is no longer detected whatsoever...

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)