kernel panic... help :(

Piyush Chaudahry

11 posts in this topic

hello guyzz..

i just tried installing mac lion from usb

i hv restored the iatkos l2 .dmg file to the usb stick using transmac in windows

i hv also made another bootable usb stick of nawcom modcd

after booting through the modcd it starts chameleon bootloader and it shows the mac formatted iatkos l2 usb drive in the boot screen .

when i booted from iatkos l2 , some 100 lines showed up and in last few lines it said kernel panic blah blah

failed to link some apple acpi file kext blah blah...

please tell me where did i went wrong ???

and how to resolve dis probelem :(

PLZ remember that i dont have access to mac neither i hav a dvd drive since i m on netbook :(

Try this first: at boot up, hit F8 and then type "mach_atom -v". If that doesn't work, you will have to use the patched kernel for atom located here to boot the usb: http://blog.nawcom.com/. Please note that your GMA 3150 will not support quartz extreme or core image under any version of OS X. Good luck!

i hv tried mach_atom -v

it loads nothing and comes back to boot screen.. :(

i hv also replaced the patched kernel of nawcom with mach_kernel file but still same error and no luck :(

Your GMA 3150 will not support quartz extreme or core image under any OS X distribution, the reason for this being that Apple has never used this card in one of their Macs. As for wifi, I can't seem to find which brand or model number you have; you can find it by booting into windows and going to the device manager.