9600 GSO black screen with dual DVI Output

penestijeras

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have 10.6.0 *working* perfect installation with 2 x DVI output with 9600 GSO card 512 Mb (QE / CI, perfect, all res, double DVI outputs).

When I update to 10.6.8 or even 10.7.0, it works BUT only with 1 DVI out. When I turn on second screen all is going to a a black screen...

Then:

• Using 2 DVI Outputs (cinema Projector + Samsung LCD) = blackscreen
  • Using 1 DVI Output only (Samsung LCD only) = works! (QE / CI, perfect, all res, double DVI outputs)

I have read at wiki that this card works ok when I can't get it working.

Do you know what would be cause for this weird problem?? I really need to update my system (because some software requeriments) but I am not sure if I can buy another GFX card :(

Thank you very much for your help

Does it work with only the projector connected?

Does it have any other outputs besides the two DVI outputs?

Try booting up with only the LCD plugged in, use the output closest to the motherboard. Once you're at the desktop, plug in the projector and switch it on, make sure it's set to receive a signal from the DVI input, then go to the display control panel and click "detect displays". Tell me what happens.

Hi gringo and thank you for your interest. I reply bellow

Does it work with only the projector connected?

no, black screen

Does it have any other outputs besides the two DVI outputs?

yes, it seems S-Video

Try booting up with only the LCD plugged in, use the output closest to the motherboard. Once you're at the desktop, plug in the projector and switch it on, make sure it's set to receive a signal from the DVI input, then go to the display control panel and click "detect displays". Tell me what happens.

This is that I usually do. I have LCD plugged in 1st DVI slot (closest mb), then when I see desktop ok... I plug projector and all is going black :(

FYI LCD is using DVI to VGA adaptor, and projector is using DVI to HDMI adaptor

Thank you again :)

FYI LCD is using DVI to VGA adaptor, and projector is using DVI to HDMI adaptor

Visit the NVEnabler release thread over at the ProjectOSX forums and read up on "display-cfg". If you're using a recent Chameleon build (no RC) with GraphicsEnabler=y you can inject display-cfg values for each display via org.chameleon.Boot.plist. See boothelp.txt for the proper syntax.

If you don't get anywhere experimenting with display-cfg, extract the ROM from your video card (use GPU-z on Windows, click the icon that looks like an IC), zip and attach it along with the above information + a description of what happens in the same NVEnabler release thread.

Hi again and thank you for your interest!

I just have installed 1394build of Chameleon v2, ready for display-cfg, but I am still reading because I am new with display-cgf. And also I extracted ROM (uploaded to Megauplad here) using a USB-portable Windows XP and nvflash --new and I get a lot of info about my 9600 GSO. With this NVCAP code I generated a hex string using OSXtools, but I am getting blackscreen again...

Also I tried ProjectOSX forum thread you said but I can't reply that post :( (I will try later)

The weird thing for me is works PERFECT OOB (no injects or GFX strings) with 10.6.0 clean install, with it shows black screens with 10.6.1 to 10.6.8... I don't know if I can replace working 10.6.0 drivers to my current installation? Is that possible?

Thank you again for your help!