Need help with clean Lion installation on GA-Z68XP-UD4

battista

2 posts in this topic

I have problems installing OSX Lion on a system (fresh installation) with the following hardware components:

GA-Z68XP-UD4 Board, F4 Bios, Gainward GeForce 480 in pxi-x8 slot, OCZ SSD (on white Sata6 port), 16GB RAM, i7 2700k, Optimum defaults bios, changed AHCI on PCH GSATA ESATA, HPET to 64 bit, changed default vga to pcix8.

I boot an USB 3 Stick from USB3, tested 2 installations so far:

Tonymacosx86: Installation ends after can't load kext com.apple.driver.HDAC controller, waiting for root

Kakewalk: Created the stick, replaced the DSTN.aml with the one of my board from Tony's database, changed GraphicsEnabler to No (didn't change a thing), installation hangs on [ PCI configuration begin ]

Questions:

Any BIOS settings I missed?

Is sata6 okay during installation?

Is the port okay?

Is usb3 okay during installation?

As I don't know how to get beyond this point, I would kindly ask the community for assistance on how to generate a working installation by either fixing one of these two mentioned above or starting over doing something completely differnet. Please tell me what to do (links welcome).

• 2 months later...

I got it working on this Mobo in the past but I updated to revision F6 and am no longer able to get it working...

Try the following command in the bootloader: -v -npci=0x2000 (or) -v -npci=0x3000

Also just incase you reseted your bios don't forget HPET needs 64-Bit and you must be on AHCI... Also make sure your HDD is not in the Marvell Sata 6Gb, it has to be in the Intel 6Gb controller.

I guarantee you that this will fix the problem.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT YOUR GRAPHICS CARD IN THE X16 SLOT SO THAT IT CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ITS 256-Bit Bus!