[Help] Lion goes to Sleep but Reboots on Wake

s.sirio

4 posts in this topic

DA,

I have nearly sorted my sleep issue that I have described in this topic, I said nearly because after patching my DSDT I am now able to reach the sleep but my computer when I hit the power button to wake it up it does not wake up but instead it will reboot.

I can see that is sort of booting but the screen remains black and then I see that I does restart.

I have tried searching for a solution but can't find any.

If anyone would be so generous to help out that would be great.

Thanks

By the way my computer could not get to sleep because of one USB port was not recognized as built in so what I did it has been to add in my DSDT the following code and my USB2@1D,1 now shows as built in.

Device (USB2)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001D0001)

Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x02)

}

Method (_S4D, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x02)

}

}

Attached the untouched (dsdtoriginal.aml), the patched DSDT (dsdt.aml) and the IOReg. A list of the kexts I have used is in the the post linked above.

Archive.zip

• 5 months later...

Patch AppleRTC.kext.

Run Terminal.app and copy/paste this:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Press enter and type your password, reboot, try sleep/wake again.

For more information about what and why, use google or the forum search to find the topic here on IM where this is discussed.