Sign in to follow this  
iN4thekilL

PCI-E Wireless Card - which one to buy?

6 posts in this topic

I need to buy a pci-e for a hackintosh, it seems the recomended ones are from atheros and broadcom. But its hard to find those in Portugal. So can i get one from such brands such as TP Link, Asus, D-link, Netgear, SMC, Conceptronic and such? I would also favor any card with no external antennas...

The OS X version will be 10.6.x or 10.7.

Advertisement

laptop or desktop ?

atheros and broadcom make the chip.. the maker could be any of the names u say.

AR5B91 works nice for my laptop and desktop of friend.

and linux works too.

It´s for a desktop, im lookin for a pci-e wifi card. So you're saying i need to closely look to the chip in the wifi card Im buying right? And if it uses the AR5B91 im good to go. Guess that's it. Thank you!

ar5b91 is the laptop model of ar9281 or ar9280 (forgot which) the ar9282 is the ar5bxb92 that one gave me PROBLEMS AW-ne772 with dell laptop (mini pci-express issues bus)

all use the driver for AR928X (generic family name x being 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 and 7) the ar9285 and 87 is id 2B not originally supported like 2A but driver still works

works in desktop with adapter. http://viewitem.eim....0347457058/item (metal box comes off to put laptop mini adapter in it)

with a laptop adapter http://search.eim.eb...=3&eb=Pesquisar

http://viewitem.eim....0654998808/item

(notice the atheros some have missing pins.. try to get full pins none missing type especialy if its an hp or toshiba laptop but desktop should be ok)

or bcm94321mc http://search.eim.eb...=3&eb=Pesquisar

on atheros they use 2 different names for same chip usually.. not in broadcoms like bcm94321mc is the chip short name.

atheros AR5009 aka AR9280

atheros hp model premade HP 502299-001 WPEA-113n

there is no kext install needed. .supported by 10.6.3+.

iatkraps likely has an issue or your smbios.plist is wrong or missing.

or iopcifamilly issues (look into eureka or slice iopcifamilly)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By onlyJRevenge
      Buonasera,
      ho acquistato la seguente scheda di espansione http://amzn.to/2oaPF7s per il mio PC dotato di scheda madre MSI Z170a M3, ma purtroppo non viene rilevato dall'Hackintosh con sopra l'ultima versione di High Sierra 10.13.3. Cosa che però nel BIOS avviene, siccome viene rilevata dall' "hardware monitor". Avete consigli?

Grazie anticipatamente.
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe AZUREWAVE AW-CE123H in MacOS.

AIRPORT : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (14e4:43b1) [Broadcom BCM94352 HMB] Mini PCIeBLUETOOTH : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (17cf:0b05) [Broadcom BCM20702A1] USB 2.0AIRDROP : OKHANDOFF : OKCONTINUITY : OKWOL : Not TestedIMESSAGE : OKFACETIME : OKICLOUD : OKAPPSTORE : OK
      I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe Atheros AR9004WB-1NG in MacOS.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

AIRPORT : OK Atheros AR9004WB-1NG (AR9485) (168c:0032) Mini PCIe * (10.9.0+)BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 (0cf3:3121) USB 2.0 ** (10.9.0+)AIRDROP : Not TestedHANDOFF : Not TestedCONTINUITY : Not TestedWOL : Not TestedIMESSAGE : OKFACETIME : OKICLOUD : OKAPPSTORE : OK
      Known Issues:

- Partial support with a maximum speed of 11Mbits (10.9.0+) *
      - Don't support Bluetooth Power Off/On by Software (10.9.0+) **

Sources:

Insanelymac
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe Atheros QCWB335 in MacOS.

AIRPORT : OK Atheros QCWB335 (AR9565) (168c:0036) Mini PCIe *BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 (0cf3:3121) USB 2.0 **AIRDROP : Not TestedHANDOFF : Not TestedCONTINUITY : Not TestedWOL : Not TestedIMESSAGE : OKFACETIME : OKICLOUD : OKAPPSTORE : OK
      Known Issues:

- Partial support with a maximum speed of 10Mbits (10.11.0+) *
      - Don't support Bluetooth Power Off/On by Software (10.10.0+) **

Sources:

Insanelymac
    • By KingOssy
      for Chipsets : RT2770; RT2870; RT3070; RT3071;RT3072; RT3370;RT3572 ;RT3573; RT5370;5372;RT5572;MT7610;MT7612;MT7650; MT7662; ;RT8070;RT9707