Install from DVD to VMware5.5

lexxmt

8 posts in this topic

I try install OSx86 on VMware 5.5 and got error

nfs_boot: networking in not initialized

panic.... failed with 6 (screenshort attached)

If it already discused, please point me to thead (I didn't found it).

I try remove virtual network card from VMware configuration, but this didn't helps

Anybody maybe have solution? Thanks

My host:

XP P4 2.8(HT) 1Gb RAM

post-11162-1127119908_thumb.gif

The message "Still waiting for root device" is so famous for native installers with Nforce chipset.

I did'nt expect to see such message winthin Vmware.

I guess, maybe you failed to attach OSX Drive(Vmware image or Physical Disk/Partition) to Virtual Vmware IDE:0.

Have you got succedded with Vmware 5.0, if did, It will run with 5.5 build 16325.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. Mounting the iso using deamon tools or alcohol fixed my problem. I have never gotten a successful install when I tried to do full native install. I always installed OSx86 native through vmware and when it promted to reboot, shutdown vmware and reboot the computer and Mac should continue the install. Damn, sorry to sway the topic..

EDIT: you have to do the chain0 thing in order to be able to reboot to Mac. After Mac is installed, you may remove chain0 and restore your boot.ini to default setting. XLoader should be able to recognise your WinXP installation.

I agree. Mounting the iso using deamon tools or alcohol fixed my problem. I have never gotten a successful install when I tried to do full native install. I always installed OSx86 native through vmware and when it promted to reboot, shutdown vmware and reboot the computer and Mac should continue the install. Damn, sorry to sway the topic..

My way of getting os X to boot native was through the Goober method. Install osX86 in PearPC, continue install trough VMware (not native). If install finishes in VMware (with Maxxuss' patches installed and all), only then start natively. Worked instantly for me, only I prefer VMware for now because through that I have sound, network & @85 refresh-rate, and surf & post on these boards with Safari :lol: , while natively I can't (for now).