• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
riahc3

OSX Lion LiveDVD?

3 posts in this topic

The Lion installer is already a "live" environment. You can use Terminal, surf the web (if you have a driver loaded for your ethernet hardware), manipulate disks and disk images etc.

There are several guides here and elsewhere that will teach you how to build a bootable flash drive or DVD out of the App Store Lion installer. The tutorials I've seen so far all require access to a Mac or Hackintosh though, no surprise there since the starting point is the App Store download, which you buy and download while running Snow Leopard anyway.

Unless you already have some Hackintosh experience, tailoring it to work with your specific hardware is the hard part.

I can boot mine with the same Chameleon configuration that I've been using for 10.6.x without making any changes.