New to hakintosh want to try help needed

dillu

15 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am new to this hankintosh thing i just want to know can my hardware be used for installing and using apple osx

my hardware is

Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 mhz processor

Intel DG33FB motherboard with latest available bios update

LG DVD Drive

8 GB DDR2 Hynix Ram

NVIDIA 8500 GT 512 MB Graphic Card (Onboard Intel G33 disabled)

Creative X-fi Elite Pro Sound Card (Onboard intel HD sound disabled)

i basically want to try pro tools hd by installing apple osx

Current OS Windows 7 ultimate with all updates till date.

Few questions are

Which Apple Osx ( how to get the os in INDIA)

Whether my hardware is enough to run the apple osx

and how to install apple osx on above configured PC (Complete Guide (Like dummies guide to install mac osx on above pc) is most desirable

Thanks in advance

Dilip

Welcome to the forum Dilip! To start off do some searching with the sites built in search engine/ google. I typed your motherboards name in google (Intel DG33FB osx86) and there is many pages linking to this site regarding your board. Here is the wiki page and your board is compatible with Snow Leopard: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.0#Intel

So looks like for now your best bet is to start off with Snow Leopard. You are going to need to purchase a Retail version of Snow Leopard. I do not know what is available for you in India but I think you will be able to figure it out. As for installation, it is pretty straight forward again searching and google will help you out. Just put some time into it and you will having a working hackintosh.

Hello everyone

I downloaded iatkos v3 rev 2 and using seagate sv3320620SV ata disk it boots fine i go upto disk utility i selected the disk and started partition as gpt/mac os extended journaled waited for 4 hours it just kept on going with apperantly no results . can anyone help

Thank you

i tried to get retail dvd but not getting it in india and what do you mean by suitable boot cd i am currently using windows 7 os and i intend to download and install 10.6.8 final retail which is available on filesonic

thank you can you reply me quickly

i tried to get retail dvd but not getting it in india and what do you mean by suitable boot cd i am currently using windows 7 os and i intend to download and install 10.6.8 final retail which is available on filesonic

thank you can you reply me quickly

Sorry man

Discussion of P2P, torrent sites, or similar download sites of any kind will not be tolerated. We do not want to know your illegal downloading habits.

Forum Rules

my apologies i am not doing anything illlegal i just ordered 10.6.8 29$ mac os dvd final retail which will be delivered to my sisters place in canada and then she is going to courier it to me in INDIA . thank you and u were right itakos s3 v2 is not working and now i am hoping that this dvd works for me when i will have it i will definately come to you for help take care bye

my apologies i am not doing anything illlegal i just ordered 10.6.8 29$ mac os dvd final retail which will be delivered to my sisters place in canada and then she is going to courier it to me in INDIA . thank you and u were right itakos s3 v2 is not working and now i am hoping that this dvd works for me when i will have it i will definately come to you for help take care bye

I'm glad to read this from you, no problem :wink2:

how to make a bootable usb drive i received my copy yesterday but still not able to install. the problems are

i did reach upto disk utility. i selected my 320 gb disk st3320620SV ata device. options partition guid format mac os journaled and hot partition and it hangs and do nothing i waited for almost 4 hours can anyone help

after successful installation of osx 10.6.3 on my system i am having post installtion problems i want some help regarding which bootloader i should use to load osx i tried chimera,efi it hangs i boot works but it disables my sound card and everything else can anyone help and also does anyone know about error 1346 pro tools hd 9.0.2

thank you in advance