[SOLVED] iCloud and Facetime not working

flynnlives

29 posts in this topic

freddy3k

I managed to find a solution to my issue on another site, details as follows:-

I knew it!!! icon_e_smile.gif You need a valid UUID to make your iCloud work...

For everyone that tried everything and still failed... Check on your bdmesg if you have the same error I do...

If you do then

a) Install latest chameleon boot loader

B) Go to http://www.famkruith...et/uuid/uuidgen, and copy the uuid generated, then change the latest part to match the MAC address of your ethernet device

c) Add the following to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>The key you modified from uuidgen</string>

Anyhow that solved my problem, and I can now use iCloud and FaceTime successfully. Hope this helps you and anyone else that is still having issues.

Regards

Dave

This didn't work for me. In my case my build in ethernet is defective. When I try to install the kext driver it just freezes my computer. I have to use a RealTek USB wifi dongle.

DSDT-IOReg.zip

• 4 months later...

**FOR THOSE WHO'VE TRIED EVERYTHING TO LOGIN TO ICLOUD/MESSAGES AND CAN'T. USE THIS KEXT**

http://cl.ly/3T2m2U2n332O

^

PlatformUUID.kext

--------------------------------------

I tried every solution and combination to fix the issue. I could log into the Mac App Store and iTunes Store, however I couldn't login to iCloud or Messages account. I kept getting a message saying "This is an Apple ID but not a valid iCloud account."

For some reason my Hardware UUID was causing a conflict and using the built-in UUID changer in Chameleon's boot.plist wasn't able to change my UUID either.

This kext will force the UUID to change. Be sure to install it to S/L/E and not E/E.

Godspeed.

PS - Thanks to Superhai for making this kext!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

freddy3k

I managed to find a solution to my issue on another site, details as follows:-

I knew it!!! icon_e_smile.gif You need a valid UUID to make your iCloud work...

For everyone that tried everything and still failed... Check on your bdmesg if you have the same error I do...

If you do then

a) Install latest chameleon boot loader

B) Go to http://www.famkruith...et/uuid/uuidgen, and copy the uuid generated, then change the latest part to match the MAC address of your ethernet device

c) Add the following to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>The key you modified from uuidgen</string>

Anyhow that solved my problem, and I can now use iCloud and FaceTime successfully. Hope this helps you and anyone else that is still having issues.

Regards

Dave

Worked for me!!! Before that my "Hardware UUID" in "System Profile" was 00000000-0000-1000-8000-MY_MAC_ADDR.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

I tried many configurations i found here with no results :(

I have Chameleon 1672 bootloader and tried to edit it with Champlist with different serial number SMBios...

These are my files, hope somebody will help me to fix this problem...

Thank you