Puzzling problem...

Chris Ridenour

8 posts in this topic

So I have tried to install the Myz Mac OS10.4.6 on two different PCs. First is a Dell Desktop with 250gb SATA HDD, DVD PATA and DVD-RW PATA, Pentium D (3.0). Will get into installation and only fails during a Installation DVD Check (ignored) and again after the files are copied. I am using Customize and unselecting the AMD options and things I really don't need. I accepted defeat (until I want to try and rewire the drives to see if that helps) and tried on a HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop. Turion X2, 120gb HDD, DVD-RW drive. The only problem that arises so far is that I cannot access my hard drive at all from the installation dvd. It sees absolutely nothing. I have the af partition active, etc but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Edit: It does not see my laptop HDD in Disk Utility (the first thing I check after some interesting problems on the desktop)

Will get into installation and only fails during a Installation DVD Check (ignored) and again after the files are copied.

Reburn the DVD at the slowest speed possible and if available use a different brand of media and/or type of media (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw)

Reburnt on two different media brands and types and no avail. The dvd check works fine but the installation fails after the copying files attempt. I am using customize with and without SSE3 only. I don't use AMD (I have Intel pentium D). I install only what I need.

Pentium D 915 @ 3.0 Ghz.

2gb RAM

NVidia 6800 256mb PCI-E

Any ideas or do you need more information?

Starting to think I need to give up, but I really don't want to :)

The problem now is not that the DVD doesn't check out, which it will, but it won't finish installing. Any ideas to what parameters I should start the install with? I have a Myz10.4.6 and a JaS10.4.7 DVD. Hardware specs haven't changed. The HDD is SATA but the install disc still finds it, unlike on my HP dv6000 laptop (is there any patch or anything that will help with that?)

I'm willing to try anything, including rewiring the config of my computer if that would help.

• 1 month later...
Bump

this is in reference to your laptop.

go into your bios and disable "SATA Native Support"

should solve the problem of the disk utility not "seeing" your drive. i also have a dv6000t. i am looking to dual-boot. i am not worried about setting up the dual-boot, but i am concerned about general support... such as graphic card, audio, etc. any ideas?

good luck.