sound edit update

buddhaosx

12 posts in this topic

this is where it tell how to get sound for ac97 http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

but in step nine you dont actually chance <key>ICH5 AC97 Audio</key> but a few lines down there is a line that says something like <source>0x05d36748</source> you change the numbers there to your vendor and device numbers.

i would have posted this on the wiki itself but the stupid thing wont work. weird how i can get osx running on a pc but not get the stupid wiki to work...

buddha

this is where it tell how to get sound for ac97 http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

but in step nine you dont actually chance <key>ICH5 AC97 Audio</key> but a few lines down there is a line that says something like <source>0x05d36748</source> you change the numbers there to your vendor and device numbers.

i would have posted this on the wiki itself but the stupid thing wont work. weird how i can get osx running on a pc but not get the stupid wiki to work...

buddha

Wait on the guide it says for windows do dxdiag but when I do that it doesnt say vendor ID or device Id. see. picture of dxdiag

Can you exactly tell me wihich string to put in? Im about to try again.

Whenever I do stop 10 and 11 it says this

2005-08-15 22:28:09.557 kextload[205] CFLog (0):

CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:

(UNKNOWN)

The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

This is how what I did.

<key>0x808624c5</key>

heres another

<string>0x808624c5</string>

first before you change any thing in those files check the system prefs under sound and output and see if the volume control works if it does unplug your speakers and try the other jacks i have a dell with onboard audio and it worked in the black jack.

• 8 months later...