nOOb question on Boot Camp

Skatanic

8 posts in this topic

I want to install XP Pro but the Apple site says that you have to have a one-disk complete version. I have an upgrade and a complete of ME. Can I use the upgrade version since I have a full copy for it to check? When I ran the install on my PC the only differnce between the full and the upgrade is that the upgrade asked me to insert an old version disk to check and make sure that I deserved the upgrade price. Is that how it will go on my MacBook? I just wanted to check before I went and f**ked it up, you know? She's my baby... Anyways, thanks for the help.

~Joe

I'm serious... Why hasn't a single one of the twenty viewers said anything... No "sorry I don't know" or god forbid anyone answer my question.

There is no reason why it shouldn't work exept one thing, if you are in the installation process you can't throw out the cd to put the other in the drive (remember, no button on apple-hardware). Get an external cd-drive where you can throw out per button or something like this and simply try out.

Anything worse than the standard bootcamp stuff can't happen :2cents:

Cheers

c'mon, if apple site says it it's beacuse it has to be that way

XP SP2 or bootcamp won't work. period.

I wouldn't say it like so.

Because Apple says that OSX doesn't run on x86 PCs, it doesn't mean that this is really true.

You have to try it out while thinking of the throw out problem.

If you do it, and comment your experience in the forum, than we all can learn and try

to be smarter (next time ;) ).

just download a xp sp2 cd burn it to cd and install using your cd key from your legitimately purchased xp upgrade.

Its heaps easier than trying to do somethign that people much smarter than you would find cumbersome.

From where. I own a Windows XP Professional SP2 serial, but have since lost the cd. It appears I need that to install Vista. :thumbsdown_anim: