How should I update 10.6.0

gorto

3 posts in this topic

I successfully installed snow leopard 10.6.0 by using Hazard. Should I update snow leopard by using Mac update or by other means? My hardware is as fallows:

Motherboard

Asus M2N-MX SE Plus

CPU

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Graphics

Nvidia GeForce 95000 GT

I had to run forcedeth to get the network to work. I chose all audio and lan drivers during installation. Audio does work.

P.S. How would I report it to the correct people so they can add my hardware to the list.

From what I understand, with most modified distributions of OS X like Hasard, you need to find an update by them. Generally, Apple Software Update won't work or will break stuff.

Its better to not use distro in the long run. But When i tried snowleo awhile back i got it to update with no problems.

You can try this but it may not work with hazard (idk because i dont use distros anymore). Allright normally u just download the legacy kernal update 10.6.8, and download the 10.6.8 combo update. make a copy of fakesmc.kext and null CPUPowerManagement.kext (from system/library/extensions) and place them into extra/Extensions. then run install legacy kernal, then run 10.6.8 update.

Again this is the normal way to update os x without a distro but i got lucky and it worked on snowleo distro awhile back so give it run if you would like.

Also did u get into the D3 beta?