nVidia GTS 250

nIGHTLite

13 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HDMI not working:(

ASUS P5KC

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Gainward NVidia Geforce GTS 250 1024mb (DVI, VGA, HDMI outputs)

OS X Lion 10.7.2

DVI and VGA works in dual display mode (Samsung SyncMaster B2330 & Samsung SyncMaster 930BF) but when i want to use my TV (HDMI) and LCD monitors (DVI or VGA) I get white screen after Apple logo. If i boot with only LCD, and after boot connect TV by using HDMI cable i got frozen system.

I tried:

With my DSDT (p5kc + gts250 fix) - works DVI & VGA, QE&CI; HDMI not work (white screen or frozen system).

With my DSDT & NVCap_0615 in boot.plist - the same

With my DSDT & NvidiaRom=Yes and 10de_0615.rom file in Extra folder - the same

I'm download EFIStudio 1.0 and 1.1 but I don't found my videocard there. (What videocard template in EFIStudio u used for your GTS 250?) So I do EFIStrings by using this tutorial http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?act...&thread=509

With my DSDT & EFIStrings - works DVI & VGA; but no HDMI (black screen no matter after boot or before boot I'm connect HDMI) and no QE&CI.

With EFIStrings, without my DSDT I get black screen after Apple logo with all combinations of outputs (DVI; VGA; HDMI; DVI+HDMI; HDMI+VGA; DVI+VGA)

I'm think that EFI Strings that i made is wrong because when I'm change NVCAP in plist file used by gfxutil, I don't see changes in EFI String that i get.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you :) and sorry for my english :)

10.7.2 broke this method for me. Using one monitor now with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I might change video cards soon. This card doesn't even give full performance in OSX. But I will definitely update when I come across something new. Sorry for HDMI, it's not working here either.

by the way, Im using the same strings from that website for the gts 250.

10.7.2 broke this method for me. Using one monitor now with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I might change video cards soon. This card doesn't even give full performance in OSX. But I will definitely update when I come across something new. Sorry for HDMI, it's not working here either.

by the way, Im using the same strings from that website for the gts 250.

I get working HDMI output in 10.6.0 with Chimera 1.5.4.1, my NVCAP and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist. No GFX section in DSDT, no kexts, no EFIStrings...

I think problem in nvidia system driver.

Maybe replace it with 10.6.0 drivers? What files from S/L/E i need to replace? Thanks! :blink:

Maybe replace it with 10.6.0 drivers? What files from S/L/E i need to replace? Thanks! :blink:

Nvidia drivers change a lot and therefore it's not a good idea to use older system files on newer macos versions.

With that being said, the answer to your question is

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

(all GeForce and NVDA related kexts)

But, I definitely wouldn't recommend it, especially on 10.7.2 because Apple changed the Nvidia drivers on this version.

Nvidia drivers change a lot and therefore it's not a good idea to use older system files on newer macos versions.

With that being said, the answer to your question is

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

(all GeForce and NVDA related kexts)

But, I definitely wouldn't recommend it, especially on 10.7.2 because Apple changed the Nvidia drivers on this version.

Thank you :D A make a back up and try. :P if it doesn't help, i don't know how to make it work:(

It doesn't helped... Only VGA display work, without QE/CI but in system profile Nvidia Geforce GTS 250.

Replace it back with new drivers and it doesn't help :D OMG :D

Thank you :) A make a back up and try. :) if it doesn't help, i don't know how to make it work:(

It doesn't helped... Only VGA display work, without QE/CI but in system profile Nvidia Geforce GTS 250.

Replace it back with new drivers and it doesn't help :) OMG :rolleyes:

Oh dang!!! Reformat!

Trying repairing disk permissions with disk utility. Make new account. Reboot. Hopefully it works!

My bootloader doesn't load ROM. I have chimera 1.5.4.1.

I boot with -v option and didn't see this:

Looking for nvidia video bios file /Extra/10de_0615.rom
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/10de_0615.rom] 60416 bytes.
Using nVidia Video BIOS File /Extra/10de_0615.rom (60416 Bytes)

What I did wrong? Why ROM is not load?

my boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>NVCAP_0614</key>
<string>0400000000000900060000000000000700000000</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>UseNvidiaRom</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>VBIOS</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>VideoROM</key>
<string>10de_0615.rom</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Folder Extra:

32ecc0be91cc005ced78f29545894cfe.png

Hi Nick,

Yes, I've spent so much time to troubleshoot loading a rom dump from windows. It just won't damn load using chameleon/chimera.

I tried nvidiarom, videorom, etc so many. Finally I got fed up with it and just used GraphicsEnabler .

The one thing that did work for me was the custom NVCAP in device-properties (boot.plist) and even that was on 10.7.1.

I would like to know how to load the nvidia rom too properly. I have already spend weeks on every single method known to get this card to work full power. Perhaps if you find a solution, please post here.