Samsung's Series 7 11.6inch PC Tablet

RemoteWorks

6 posts in this topic

This new Samsung tablet would be a very cool hack!

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2467M

Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000

System : Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Display : 11.6 inches 1366 x 768

Memory : 1333MHz 4GB DDR3 memory /microSD slot up to 32GB

Conectivity : Wifi 802.11 g/g/n / USB 2.0 (type A) / m-HDMI

Camera : Front 2MP (720p video) and Rear 3MP (720p video) Battery : 7 hours

Weight : 934 g

The cost of 64GB Samsung Series 7 slate is $1099

Let see what drives it uses

RW

post-663166-1315944602_thumb.jpg

post-663166-1315944613_thumb.jpg

post-663166-1315945488_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Agreed, this looks like a really viable machine for a Mac tablet.

I don't see any deal breakers

Intel HD3000 should work

Battery life looks decent

Wacom should work without too much tweaking.

This has huge potential as a really useful machine,

Please post your results here if anyone gives it a try!

Well it's sort of like the little cousin the 3 series 300U1A it has a core i3 @ 1.3 ghz and no turbo boost, but letting you know two things samsung bites at dsdt writing and whatever they do for brightness is a pain when I unplug the laptop the brightness goes down but in windows I can get it all the way back up in macosx it changes to 100% therefore I can't get the brightness back up unless I plug it in. Also this thing uses the combo s4 s5 like the mac book air, but it's kinda tricky because it needs to be fixed to work in mac-osx and the standard fix does not work or is not sufficient.

I could use some help with those.

Anyway yes the 7 series would be cool but it's more money then I have to spend. I eventually want to turn this one into a tablet but I can't find a capacitive touchscreen in 11.6 inch size with a decent controller yet. I dun understand they should be making them whole sale since both samsung and others use them but I can't find the source they use. (when I do trust you me I will be making this thing a tablet, but it's gotta wait till A. Capacitive touchscreen B. everything including the ALC 269 audio works (without Voodoo HDA, voodoo battery etc. cause those are probably causing kernel panics I'm experiencing on boot.

But yes that is a cool tablet, just the catch is gonna be a lot of work and on the 3 series while it will boot gpt, it will only do it after it has invoked the bios screen and you have to select in the very last screen force boot the ssd/hd.

and my bios has a usb hot boot issue you have to cold boot to detect usb devices.

So these might be issues this thing also will have, my solution was install lion on got CCC it reformat with a win7 startup repair disk, then cold boot lion from a usb flash and then only then ccc it back over to MBR and then reinstall the bootloader, now it boots without annoying bios screen.

The touch screen is the really cool thing about it. I can't justify replacing my 2010 Air yet but I'd definitely put up with a little inconvenience booting to have a sub 2kg Wacom enabled hackintosh!

Hopefully there are some graphics artists out there who think the same thing and are not afraid to have a hack!

The touch screen is the really cool thing about it. I can't justify replacing my 2010 Air yet but I'd definitely put up with a little inconvenience booting to have a sub 2kg Wacom enabled hackintosh!

Hopefully there are some graphics artists out there who think the same thing and are not afraid to have a hack!

you can bypass the booting problems by using MBR, first install GPT/GUID then take external usb HD or 16gb flash drive clone install and then reformat ssd with windows repair disk as an MBR then boot lion from flash/external HD and format partition in disk utility as HFS+ then use CCC to clone lion back over and then re-install chimera/charm. Presto it works without the inconvienance. at a later date I will look into using a hybrid MBR ala gptdisk (disk in terminal in ubuntu get-apt gdisk (do this from a persistent flash drive so you can back-up the gpt/guid before converting to a hybrid!!!!)

More often than not there are some serious dsdt problems though I'm still fighting mine!!!!!!

and finding help is often difficult to say the least. One of the problems I have right now is sleep it dun work, something about this hybrid s4/s5 sleep is not working and the last two lines is 0x00 0x00 so it should be cool :blink:

terramir

• 5 months later...