Stoplight 1.1 Bugs

Swad

40 posts in this topic

In addition to quicksilver ibsteve2, Crossover Office simpy refuses to launch! Imagine my frustration after hours spent wondering why my machine didn't reboot or shutdown, why Quicksilver quit then refused to open and why I could no longer try out the new Crossover Beta =P

I've added the above apps to the excludes and changed the "X" button action to "Mac OS Default." Let's see if Stoplight plays nice, otherwise it's going to the trashcan.

Please let us know if that works.

Steve

In addition to quicksilver ibsteve2, Crossover Office simpy refuses to launch! Imagine my frustration after hours spent wondering why my machine didn't reboot or shutdown, why Quicksilver quit then refused to open and why I could no longer try out the new Crossover Beta =P

I've added the above apps to the excludes and changed the "X" button action to "Mac OS Default." Let's see if Stoplight plays nice, otherwise it's going to the trashcan.

Stoplight has caused major print problems for me in FileMaker, Mailsmith and BBEdit. Try to print, and the application you're working in quits instantly (hard crash). TextEdit (e.g.) does not crash and will print.

Getting rid of the pref pane and the SIMBL plugin solved the problem. Cost me (too much) time to find out Stoplight was the culprit.

'iAnnoyance' indeed...

:D

• 3 months later...

Stoplight has a bug where it doesn't check if the previous window delegate was already self. (Stoplight makes the window's new delegate self and then sends messages to the old delegate, causing a loop if that delegate happened to be self.)

A few Stoplight users are also DVDpedia, Bookpedia and Gamepedia users and this was the case with my programs. Attached is a fixed version of Stoplight for users of the Pedias or other programs where users experience the loop crash.

StoplightFixed.zip

I have also confirmed that the "close app if last window is closed" causes the restart/shutdown command to only logout, requiring an additional request to shutdown/restart.

I also found a bug that about caused me to kill myself, if you go to "about this mac" and click for more information (the app that brings up serial numbers etc) the system logs you out without ANY warning to save any work or anything.

Seriously, a lot of crying happened.

I installed the posted "stoplight fixed" and it didn't fix my two items I just mentioned (restart requires two requests, and the "more about this mac" button instantly logs you out).

I'd also like to point out that the maximize button appears to place the window 1 pixel to the right of far left (I still see one pixel line worth of my background image).

And lastly I would like to add that I love this plugin so much that I install it on every machine I touch.

an update to the 1 pixel line that's visible on maximization, it happens on whichever side the dock is on, so my claim that it happened on the left was because that'a where my dock was, it moved to the right when I moved my dock there... which is silly because the dock still shows and hides even if I move a window half way off the screen and completely cover the dock line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feature request:

With some apps, like an IM client, I don't want the app to quit after I close the last window, but having it lose focus would be nice.

I don't know if OSX has a focus tree, one where the application could go to the back of the line and the next up would then take over, but it SEEMS it should because if I press apple-h to HIDE something, the app that comes up next is logical and appears to be ordered nicely.

I submitted what I thought were pretty serious bugs like 3 months ago, the "shut down causes logoff" bug is pretty silly but the "about this mac" crash is straight up catastrophic.

Isn't this the "official" bugs thread. Is the app going to get supported? Cmon guys, how hard can it be? I really love the modifcations it makes but this is rapidly approaching abandon-ship time.

I also found a bug that about caused me to kill myself, if you go to "about this mac" and click for more information (the app that brings up serial numbers etc) the system logs you out without ANY warning to save any work or anything.

Same troubs for me on my AMD, iBook G4 works flawlessly with it though.

joneSi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quicktime export: unexpectly quits while changing the export settings

imovie: unexpectly quits

Grapher: don't start anymore

VmWare: When opening XP within VmWare, the screen and the loading bar appears, after it is loaded, the window dissappears

after deleting stoplight everything works without problem

• 1 month later...