Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
tikimann

DG33tl Lion Audio

5 posts in this topic

I had a beautiful Snow Leopard hackintosh going on my old intel dg33tl mobo but I'm upgrading to a 570GTX so I upgraded to Lion.

I got it all installed, somehow renabled the ethernet and the older 9800gtx+ I have in there is working fine for now. My issue is the audio. I'm using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 and sometimes after I run the system utilities and the audio rollback things from it, the audio starts working. And then it seems like everytime I restart the audio is sort of there during the boot, but disables itself when Lion is fully booted.

I really didn't want Lion but couldn't find any support for the GeForce 570s in Snow Leopard... But if anyone could give me a hand with getting the audio renabled, that would be great!

I've seen other messages that people have this board working in Lion, but I can't seem to find any posts about how they got the audio back.

I had a beautiful Snow Leopard hackintosh going on my old intel dg33tl mobo but I'm upgrading to a 570GTX so I upgraded to Lion.

I got it all installed, somehow renabled the ethernet and the older 9800gtx+ I have in there is working fine for now. My issue is the audio. I'm using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 and sometimes after I run the system utilities and the audio rollback things from it, the audio starts working. And then it seems like everytime I restart the audio is sort of there during the boot, but disables itself when Lion is fully booted.

I really didn't want Lion but couldn't find any support for the GeForce 570s in Snow Leopard... But if anyone could give me a hand with getting the audio renabled, that would be great!

I've seen other messages that people have this board working in Lion, but I can't seem to find any posts about how they got the audio back.

Users of real Macs have this issue too - losing sound randomly - seems to have to do with AppleHDA ( I use vodoo and don't have the issue at all , or better : not happened yet, who knows ..)

coreaudio is going mad in Lion as it seems.

try : sudo killall coreaudiod to restart the daemon, resetting sound.

this guy blogs about it :audio issues in lion

and this guy created an app to fix it :audio fix dmg

Users of real Macs have this issue too - losing sound randomly - seems to have to do with AppleHDA ( I use vodoo and don't have the issue at all , or better : not happened yet, who knows ..)

coreaudio is going mad in Lion as it seems.

try : sudo killall coreaudiod to restart the daemon, resetting sound.

this guy blogs about it :audio issues in lion

and this guy created an app to fix it :audio fix dmg

Interesting!

But it doesn't seem to help me. I've now reinstalled Lion like 4 times and each time I'll get the audio working with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and chimera. And then the next reboot it will be gone. I tried the app that guy made and the sudo command but it says no matching processes found.

I've been running voodoo 0.2.1 with teh HDA rollback to see if I can't get it running again.